Is anyone going to SFFC in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Gwendolyn, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Gwendolyn

Gwendolyn Domestic Diva

5th annual Small Family Farms Conference is being held in Wilmington Ohio Friday March 18 and Saturday March 19. Cost is 50. per couple pre registered 60. at the door. I really want to go to this, so I am hoping I can arrange vacation days for DH and I and have my parents do chores for us the 2 days. Any one in Ohio,Indiana,West Virginia,Michigan and Pa could contact their Extension Service and and receive the brochure.

2. Mike in Ohio

Mike in Ohio Well-Known Member

Wasn't planning on going to that one but if they have Country Living Day (Carroll County) I'll be going to that.

Mike

3. Gwendolyn

Gwendolyn Domestic Diva

We have been going to alot of meeting sponsored by Geauga Family Farms and the Geauga Co. Extension service. We are looking at maybe actually making some money from some of the stuff we are doing here :eek:

I am tired of trying to "go it alone" and I am hoping to meet and network with some folks.

Also any one in the Ashtabula, Trumbull, Geauga co. areas contact your co. extension service about some of the really good programs they have going on in your area.

4. Mike in Ohio

Mike in Ohio Well-Known Member

Check and see when they are doing the one day pruning class through the extension in Geauga County. I've gone the last few years. It has been held at Sages Orchards the last two years.

Mike

5. Gwendolyn

Gwendolyn Domestic Diva

I haven't seen anything about the pruning,yet. They are having a maple sugar meeting at swine creek, I believe in march. As much as I'd like to learn to sugar, I need to focus on the things I already have going here, which are layers, meat goats and pigs, and rabbits. I need to see what I want to keep and what needs to go...(whisper) pigs! I do need the pruning class, I put fruit trees in, it would be good to know what the heck I'm doing with them. :eek: