Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
when in doubt, mumble.
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...having trouble loading the "lets see some pictures of your place" thread? Does it just take a long time, because of all the pictures and replies? I really wanted to see it, but I've been waiting up to 10 minutes for it to load. (yes, I timed it!!) It still doesnt. Usually, our computer takes several to 15 seconds to load a thread. I just need to know if it is taking long for other people, or if we have to get our computer checked out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
xoxoGOATSxoxo said:
...having trouble loading the "lets see some pictures of your place" thread? Does it just take a long time, because of all the pictures and replies?
Yes, the pictures, especially if you're on dial-up. The photos are beautiful but are large and would take a while to load on dial-up. I doubt if anything is wrong with your computer unless it's taking that long on cable or dsl. Probably just a slow connection.

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
There is one pg I haven't been able to load yet. Slow dial-up, but I love to look at the pictures too.

It would help if posters could remember when they use the "quote" feature to comment on another's home/post to delete the Pic itself from the quote, so we don't have to wait for it to load twice or three times.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Once the pic loads, it doesn't matter how many times it has been quoted, as it is already in your computers memory. It would be nice if people would optimize there pictures for size of photo and size of file. Some of these pics don't fit on the screen and are over a MB each. I resize all of my pics to 35kb or less and 450 pixels or less, only takes a couple of seconds each on dialup. I just skip over the picture threads, as I know I can't get them to load in a timely fashion, as much as I would love to see what people want to share.

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.