Iraq Afghanistan vets?

Discussion in 'Home Defense/Guns' started by 1eaglescout, Nov 19, 2006.

1. 1eaglescout

1eaglescout Active Member

Hello all,
    I am putting together my holiday package to for the soldier I adopted. I am curious, are there any special things that soldiers want for the holidays? Do you think they would enjoy a little Christmas tree? I want to send them something besides the regular junk food and reading material.
    Any help from any of you who have "been there, done that" would help.

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Be aware there are restriction on some items that will go to certain religious areas, things like any pork based product or alcohol. The post office has the info.

3. annie716

annie716 Well-Known Member

My son was in Iraq for 9 months in 05, don't send anything that melts :rolleyes: , I sent choco covered cherries as he loved them but they didn't make it, melted blob :shrug: . Batteries were a hit, AA for mp3 players & such, power bars, heavy duty black garbage bags, individual pkgd all purpose wipes, vitamin c drops, he also loves mandarin oranges and the pop top canned ones shipped well. Disposable cameras. I also sent homemade choco chip cookies! Thank you for your support, it means everything to them.

4. 1eaglescout

1eaglescout Active Member

Annie, its the least I can do. If nothing else it makes a great lesson for my kids.
    Tell your son thank you for me. Thank you to all our vets.

For those who don't know..... www.soldiersangles.com

5. reese

reese Well-Known Member

DH's unit had, X-mas trees, some were really tiny, and there was a HUGE one in the palace they used as well. The troops LOVE jerkey, flavored drink mixes (powdered gatorade and such), hand held games (batteries are wonderful since they cost so much), munchies in snack sized packs so they can ration or share, a jar of nutella and some graham crackers or windmill cookies and some plastic spoons or knives to spread-oh what a treat, oh and I would send him lots of fruit leather as well. Cookies are always a sure thing, just be sure to send enough for sharing. They played with hackiesacks there too. Reese