Inversion table for a bad back.

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Ole Man Legrand, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Ole Man Legrand

Ole Man Legrand Well-Known Member

Does any one use an inversion table for back problems? Did it help? Where is the best place to get one? Thanks Jay

2. cchapman84

cchapman84 Well-Known Member

I'd like to know too, I was just talking about getting one today.

3. margo

margo Well-Known Member

We have one we bought at Kmart. Cost under $100.00. Did have to wait to get one but they gave me a rain check. For the money, it's well made and sturdy.

Yes, it works for things like compressed discs, etc. Helpful with the muscle spasms in the shoulder and so on. Presently, our neighbor asked to come over and use ours, so, we'll see if it works for her problem.

For us, it beats what docs suggested, such as cortisone shots and other invasive procedures. At this point in time, not ready to consider that.
    Margo

4. Ole Man Legrand

THANKS MARGO!!!!!! I will check out Walmart today. Jay

5. mammabooh

mammabooh Metal melter Supporter

I have one and I love it. I purchased mine on-line several years ago...don't remember where. I think it cost $300.00.

6. Randy Rooster

Randy Rooster Well-Known Member Supporter

They also sell inversion boots. You strap the boots on and can then hang upside down from a pipe inserted through a door way or rafters. May be cheaper than a table.

7. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

My folks used a sturdy plank with one end on a chair and the other on the floor. There was a strap wrapped with a towel around the back of the chair to stick your fit into. It helped with a lot of ailments.

8. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

Yes, we have one, too. Wonderful for back pain and sciatica.

You may want to look into getting Z-Coil shoes, too.

http://www.zcoil.com/

9. Ole Man Legrand

Walmark didn,t have it,I will check out K Mart this week end. K Mart is 20 miles from here. Jay

10. danb98577

danb98577 Well-Known Member

Friend bought one at a flea market. I was skeptical but tried it as I do a LOT of heavy work. First time is kind of unnerving, but after hearing the ripple of minor pops from my back and legs I found I felt better than I had in years. Perhaps if you have had back surgeries it may not be wise, but give it a whirl-I think you will like the result!

11. myheaven

myheaven Well-Known Member Supporter

I think ill have to get one and give it a try. At 16 I lost feeling and movement to my legs (in school) they rushed me to the dr. (er) they wanted to operate. I wouldnt let them and went to the chiropractor After 3 mts I was back to normal but still have alot of pain. I think my dh could benefit from this also. Thanks for the post.