Introducing.... :)

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Caprice Acres, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

Well, Boston lost her ligaments yesterday morning. I told my friends I expected kids in the next 12 hours or so, and she would probably kid between 5 and 6 or so, when it cools off in the day. Well, Coral and her friend Tia came over... and Coral went to work, leaving me and Tia alone with nothing to do. We waited around and then at 5:00, we decided to go to the lake. We left, swam and sat for a 1/2 hour, and got back 15 minutes later. The FIRST thing I did was go out and check Boston. She was laying next to our chicken coop... and I noticed that her hip looked wet and dirty... Like she had been laying in birth fluids!! We were only gone 45 minutes, and she showed NO signs other than loss of ligaments when we left... But I walked over there, and she had placenta hanging from her... and I looked around, and right under the chicken coop was a pair of black legs. I drug it out, a little black doeling that looks exactly like daddy except with more white... Then I heard a little baaaa from under the coop again and dragged out another little doeling, who looks exactly like Boston did when she was little, but the little doeling has BLACK trim!
    All three are doing fine...
    I'm so lucky, twin does AGAIN!! So far, no boys born on our farm.
    Well, since Boston was big enough for two and grain fed, I wonder how many Daisy will have? LOL I didn't know she was due this month till recently so she hasn't really been grainfed for the last month... Quad doelings I'm hoping! LOL

Here's the oblivious father :

[​IMG]

And the proud and EXCELLENT MOTHER :

[​IMG]

And now the kids!! :

Assumed first born, was nearly dry when we arrived, so we assume it was firstborn. This one is a duplicate of Daddy!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The other doeling, assumed as second born, as she was finally dry long after the black doeling was dry :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What a good first time mommy!!

[​IMG]

Naptime!

[​IMG]

I'm pooped. I'm gonna play with my new babies tomorrow!! One will be named Giselle, and the other will be named either Havyn, Hazel, or Heidi. Not sure which will be named what though.

2. littledoe

littledoe Well-Known Member

They are adorable! I raise pygmies also. The mother looks just like two does I just sold to a friend. I love that coloring. Apparently someone stopped by my friends house after she bought the pygmies from me and asked her if they were 'really' pygmies. She told my friend that she had never seen that coloring before. Now my friend keeps asking me if I'm sure they're pygmies. I still don't think she believes me. Do you milk your pygmies? I raise full size dairy goats, but I'm planning to try milking my pygmies this year. I've read that their butterfat content is really high. They always have such beautiful udders after kidding. I just don't think I can resist milking them. :p

Well, they are beautiful. Congratulations :)

Malissa in Texas

3. Faithful Heart

Faithful Heart Well-Known Member

Absolute HEARTBREAKERS!! :angel: They are TOO cute!

4. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Well-Known Member

Congratulations! They are JUST beautiful!!!!

BrahmaMama---> who wants babies..... :baby04:

5. Ramblin Acres

Ramblin Acres Well-Known Member

Congrats on the kids, they sure are beautiful..

Littledoe I am milking our pygmy doe that had quads as she has tons of milk.They really do have nice udders and are pretty easy to milk..

Here is a pic of our pygmy nanny that had quads this year and all are does and all are carmels...

[​IMG][/IMG]

6. Caprice Acres

I may be milking her, it depends. Her teats are really really small though. I'll prolly get sore hands for a while. I milked my other doe last year for a while, and her teats were rather large and easy to milk, but I had to stop when I broke my finger. :( Now I have a milkstand and everything should go smoothly if I do decide to milk them. I know I will be milking one (maybe both) for at least a little while because I do want to freeze some milk for bottle feeding a kid or two next year maybe.
    Daisy had twins last year and had a much larger udder than Boston does now.

7. rranch

rranch Well-Known Member

Congrats Dona! Your babies are adorable. I'm so happy you got to see them before you went to China.

8. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

CONGRATS on the babies Donna! They are gorgeous, are you keeping them? Rambling Acres, are you sure that the little white one is that does baby? The other babies all look the same, pretty much the same as their mother, that little one just stands out, CONGRATS on all your babies too. Good Luck to both of you, bye.

9. Caprice Acres

I don't know yet if I will be keeping them, as thier colors aren't all that amazing... I've got those colors already. The father and her look the same and the little caramel one looks exactly like Boston did when she was little, except she had brown trim, not black. But then again it's up to thier personality when I get back from China; I've given special instructions to spoil these guys to my friend who will be watching them, lol.
    Daisy, my other, looks huge. (3 or 4 maybe!) Her nicknames are twoton, tub-tub, and fatsy right now. I keep telling her to lose that weight, but she just won't listen. Maybe tomorrow? LOL

10. Ramblin Acres

Ramblin Acres Well-Known Member

Goat freak,
    It does seem rather odd to have all 3 of them being medium to dark carmels and then to get one white carmel,But I am over 100% positive that she belongs to fawn.The sire is a white carmel.

11. Sherrynboo

Sherrynboo Well-Known Member Supporter

The babies are so cute! We are expecting our first baby or babies at the end of this month and I can hardly wait! The daddy looks a lot like the male pictured above and is a pygmy. My doe is a gray nubian cross. Since I am totally new to this, I have not been able to feel the ligaments that ya'll are talking about. I just hope she gives out some other signals, haha!

Sherry in GA

12. Caprice Acres

Hopefully you will be lucky and she will show other signs. Thats all that Boston showed for me! I edited some pics for my website showing where to find the ligaments, Here they are :

In this first pic, Boston had lost her ligaments and I could pinch under her tailhead/spine. That is the MAJOR sign of kidding.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. littledoe

littledoe Well-Known Member

Thanks Ramblin acres, you're babies are beautiful, too! I'm definitely planning to milk them. Some say they don't give as much milk, yet others say they do well.
    I guess it really just depends on the doe.

Thanks again, congratulations on all these pretty babies :)
    Oh, and thanks for those wonderful pics too. I really needed that explanation.

Malissa in Texas

14. Sherrynboo

Sherrynboo Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks! I will check them when I go out to feed. I have the other does to compare it to.

Sherry in GA