Introducing ME!!!!!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by lilrose, Feb 8, 2005.

1. lilrose

lilrose Member

Hello everyone. I am new to this delightful board and thought I would just say hey!
    I am a registered nurse in Northern california, don't live on farm but wish I did. DH and I are looking to buy some retirement property in Northern Idaho or Western Washington State, where I can finally have some chickens!
    Looking forward to meeting all of you fine folks.

2. DrippingSprings

DrippingSprings In Remembrance

Welcome I am looking forward to your posts

3. poultryprincess

poultryprincess Well-Known Member

WELCOME lilrose! There's a lot of nice people,knowledge & fun here, glad you're aboard :D

4. Windy in Kansas

Windy in Kansas In Remembrance

Welcome to the forums. How many northern California trees does it take to make a house? I haven't seen the biggest of the sequoias, but have seen some of them. Pretty impressive for a flatlander where there are few trees of any kind.

5. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Lilrose! Nice to have you aboard. :)
    If you have any free time on your hands, there's lots of good reading in the archives. We've covered a lot of topics over the last several years. :)

6. lilrose

lilrose Member

Well Windy, in Santa Rosa there is a church made from ONE tree!!!!! Yes, It is a small church but still, just ONE tree. We sure do grow them big! And way up North in Bigfoot country they grow even larger. I do love the forests and hills here......flat land makes me feel weird.....spooky.

7. lilrose

lilrose Member

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes! I look forward to being an active member. I might not contribute much this week as I am going to visit the grandkids but when I return, I plan on getting gabby!

8. amelia

amelia Well-Known Member

Welcome, Lilrose! You'll find a number of compatriots here from Western Washington--myself and Deberosa are two of them. Deb is over on the Olympic Peninsula getting a homestead going, and I'm still on the three-year-plan hoping to be able to buy land soon. Hope to see you around, but be careful--this forum is habit-forming!

9. deberosa

deberosa SW Virginia Gourd Farmer!

Hi Lilrose,

Yep Amelia is right. I am over on the Olympic Peninsula and LOVE it. PM me if you would like to learn about this area.

Debbie