Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was gone for awhile so I thought it would be fun for everyone to tell a little about themselves like who they are and where they are from. Lots of new people I don't recognize. I am Tiffany. I am a 35 year old mother of three from Oregon. I am a big outdoors person and love everything from hiking, hunting,fishing to gold panning. I am always up for adventure, a bit sassy but overall very friendly person.

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
44,791 Posts
I am a very long time member of this forum. I now live in the Spicewood, Texas, area, outside of Austin. I have raised most of the farm animals in the course of homesteading in three locations. Goats are my favorite.

I have a retired oilfield husband, two sons, four grandchildren, two cats (at the moment - one is an ANCIENT rescue), five goats, and one dog.

I retired from teaching English, Speech Communication, and Art in a very small school district. I was also the public speaking coach, yearbook coordinator, and a few other odds and ends.

There are too many sentences beginning with "I" in this post. :oops: (I moonlight as the Grammar Police)

Management of the family trust and my rental properties consumes a significant chunk of time, so full time retirement has escaped me.

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a very long time member of this forum. I now live in the Spicewood, Texas, area, outside of Austin. I have raised most of the farm animals in the course of homesteading in three locations. Goats are my favorite.

I have a retired oilfield husband, two sons, four grandchildren, two cats (at the moment - one is an ANCIENT rescue), five goats, and one dog.

I retired from teaching English, Speech Communication, and Art in a very small school district. I was also the public speaking coach, yearbook coordinator, and a few other odds and ends.

There are too many sentences beginning with "I" in this post. :oops: (I moonlight as the Grammar Police)

Management of the family trust and my rental properties consumes a significant chunk of time, so full time retirement has escaped me.
You have so much to be proud of❤

·
Registered
Acta non verba
2,658 Posts
Thank you for this. I learn snippets about posters here and there, but this really spells it out.

I am, affectionately, a damned Yankee, in my thirties with a husband, goats, two cats, a fish. Left to my own devices, I would have a zoo. I am the assistant town clerk/treasurer in my hometown, help with a fire district, and became treasurer of our county Farm Bureau.

I mostly keep to myself as an introvert but like reading and writing and art and someday I'd like to be more versatile.

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for this. I learn snippets about posters here and there, but this really spells it out.

I am, affectionately, a damned Yankee, in my thirties with a husband, goats, two cats, a fish. Left to my own devices, I would have a zoo. I am the assistant town clerk/treasurer in my hometown, help with a fire district, and became treasurer of our county Farm Bureau.

I mostly keep to myself as an introvert but like reading and writing and art and someday I'd like to be more versatile.
It is nice to learn about eachother and everyone's lives. Sounds like you are well on your way to a mini zoo😁

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
I think the last “introduce yourself” thread I saw here was the one you started about a year and a half ago. :)
I’m Drake, I like rainy days and long walks on the beach.
Besides that, I’m 56 and married. 7 kids, a 10 and 14 year old at home still.
Born in Chicago Ill-annoy, moved up to Wisconsin in late 80’s to get away from congestion and taxes. Lived in Kenosha and Racine area. I was a printer for 32 years, till I moved out to a small rural town in the Driftless area of SW Wisconsin. I work at a meaningless job for the insurance and I’m my towns zoning administrator. We also own rental properties in this area and one back in Racine.
I hunt,shoot, hike and play with old cars. I also spoil my kids as long as they keep their grades up and are doing physical activity.
We have one black lab and an African Gray parrot.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hola I'm Sebastián! Originally from the MD/DC suburbs somehow ended up in SW Costa Rica. Got a wife and two kids. Small 3.5ish acre farm. Suburban farm. Pigs, chickens, coffee, veggies, work excavation and construction. Studied agricultural engineering at the local university but still get my best advice from grumpy old farmer neighbors. And here, of course.

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the last “introduce yourself” thread I saw here was the one you started about a year and a half ago. :)
I’m Drake, I like rainy days and long walks on the beach.
Besides that, I’m 56 and married. 7 kids, a 10 and 14 year old at home still.
Born in Chicago Ill-annoy, moved up to Wisconsin in late 80’s to get away from congestion and taxes. Lived in Kenosha and Racine area. I was a printer for 32 years, till I moved out to a small rural town in the Driftless area of SW Wisconsin. I work at a meaningless job for the insurance and I’m my towns zoning administrator. We also own rental properties in this area and one back in Racine.
I hunt,shoot, hike and play with old cars. I also spoil my kids as long as they keep their grades up and are doing physical activity.
We have one black lab and an African Gray parrot.
Lol it probably was me because I am a nosey woman🤣 my daughter was begging for an african gray parrot for Christmas,she would be so jealous

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hola I'm Sebastián! Originally from the MD/DC suburbs somehow ended up in SW Costa Rica. Got a wife and two kids. Small 3.5ish acre farm. Suburban farm. Pigs, chickens, coffee, veggies, work excavation and construction. Studied agricultural engineering at the local university but still get my best advice from grumpy old farmer neighbors. And here, of course.
Grumpy old farmer neighbors are the best and have the best advice.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm Abby. I live in Canada. Hate the snow/cold and wished we lived somewhere warmer lol.
I own 1 horse and 2 mini donkeys. I want to buy a second horse this summer, a mini highland cow, and an alpaca (my farrier says I will be known as the Crazy Critter Lady lol)
We also have 70 pigs, 30 cows, 25 heifers, 150 chickens, 2 ducks, 1 cat, and 3 Great Pyrenees dogs.
I volunteer at an animal rescue and love it!
Animals are my passion, and I have no interests in anything else lol
I wanna barrel race one day too!

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm Abby. I live in Canada. Hate the snow/cold and wished we lived somewhere warmer lol.
I own 1 horse and 2 mini donkeys. I want to buy a second horse this summer, a mini highland cow, and an alpaca (my farrier says I will be known as the Crazy Critter Lady lol)
We also have 70 pigs, 30 cows, 25 heifers, 150 chickens, 2 ducks, 1 cat, and 3 Great Pyrenees dogs.
I volunteer at an animal rescue and love it!
Animals are my passion, and I have no interests in anything else lol
I wanna barrel race one day too!
Holy cow that is a lot of pigs!! Funny you hate snow and live in canada lol.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Lol it probably was me because I am a nosey woman🤣 my daughter was begging for an african gray parrot for Christmas,she would be so jealous
Tell her to be careful for what she wishes for. The parrot won’t shut up when you want him to. When my or wife’s cell phone rings,“Rocky” says “Hello”, then talks non stop. I literally have to give him crackers or peanuts to fill his beak, and keep him busy, otherwise move to another part of our small house.

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tell her to be careful for what she wishes for. The parrot won’t shut up when you want him to. When my or wife’s cell phone rings,“Rocky” says “Hello”, then talks non stop. I literally have to give him crackers or peanuts to fill his beak, and keep him busy, otherwise move to another part of our small house.
Oh my that would drive me absolutely nuts. Give him bubble gum🤣

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
The wife started jaw-bonin' at me again the other day.."We never communicate," she says....I told her "I don't wanna talk about it."

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi all, I'm Amanda and have been on the forum for a few years. I'm not very active posting but love reading and learning about everyone's experiences. I currently live on a farm raising beef cattle and growing feed crops for livestock. I am a single mom to one, love the outdoors, hiking, paddling, shooting, fishing, gardening etc.

·
Retired Coastie
5,173 Posts
Good Morning all. I'm John, 63 yoa from Monterey, Tennessee. Spent a good portion of my life riding boats and ships for the U.S. Coast Guard. Retired from the guard as a Chief Warrant Officer in 2005. I enjoy all four yearly seasons: gardening, hunting, shivering, and firewood season. Former Nubian goat lover, but now only raise steers to full family freezers. Good fun. Topside

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi all, I'm Amanda and have been on the forum for a few years. I'm not very active posting but love reading and learning about everyone's experiences. I currently live on a farm raising beef cattle and growing feed crops for livestock. I am a single mom to one, love the outdoors, hiking, paddling, shooting, fishing, gardening etc.
What is your favorite thing to fish for?

1 - 20 of 116 Posts