Intro, I'm New.

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by terriv, Dec 21, 2004.

1. terriv

terriv Well-Known Member

Hi.

I'm Terri. I've been reading for a little while. I live in central Mississippi just south of Jackson. I'm a Mississippi small town girl all my life. I'm 39 years old. I've spent the last 6 years homeschooling my two girls ages 16 and almost 8. This year I have put my older child in school.

Back in 1998, I left my "career" for a "better lifestyle". I live in an 85 year old home on 11 acres in an area still considered "the country" but on the outskirts of a booming metro area.

We have chickens, presently one horse, cats, a hamster (presently loose somewhere in the house), and a snake. We have had goats. I miss them very much.

After supporting my family on ebay for a number of years, I now sell real estate and love my job. Specifically, I love relocating people from the city to the country.

My hobbies (when I have time), include junk-shopping, small town auctions, painting and other forms of art, altered books, cooking, hiking, camping, reading, collecting nature artifacts and some other stuff, (I could go on and on.).

I used to be a serious chatboard junkie...but I've given it up. :)

Nice to "meet" you all. :)

2. pcdreams

pcdreams Well-Known Member

Glad you decided to come out of lurking. Think you will find we are a friendly bunch around here. Just give us a yell if you need something. Their's food in the fridge and we'll leave the light on for ya. :haha:

3. desnri

desnri Well-Known Member

Welcome Terri, I love it here and I expect you will too. There is a lot to learn from the people here.

4. Dawndra

Dawndra I'm back

Welcome! Glad you're here!

5. Gary in AL

Gary in AL Well-Known Member

Welcome, my son is fixin to move to the Taylorsville area. Gary in AL

6. CarlaWVgal

CarlaWVgal Well-Known Member

Welcome Terri :) I bet if you let your snake go, he will find your hamster..... :no: sorry, I couldn't resist, we had a runaway guinea pig, and had to use the cat to get her out from under the floor boards.

Carla

7. timmcentire

timmcentire Active Member

Hey Terri. Welcome ! What kind of stuff did you sell on eBay ?

8. HilltopDaisy

HilltopDaisy Well-Known Member Supporter

Hi TerrI, nice to meet you. I think you will throughly enjoy Homesteading Today. Don't be shy, join right in!

9. countrygurl

countrygurl Well-Known Member

Hi Terri,
    Welcome, we live in southwest Mississippi. We moved fron the suburbs of New Orleans 4 yrs ago best thing we ever did.

Merry Christmas

10. GrannieD

GrannieD Well-Known Member

Welcome Terri ~ I like that junk shopping..! You will have a grand time here..! GrannieD

11. katlupe

katlupe Off-The-Grid Homesteader Supporter

Welcome Terri! You'll meet a great bunch of people here.

12. terriv

terriv Well-Known Member

Hi Tim. Thousands and thousands of $2 books and videos. Vintage underwear (unused), usually nylons, but the best being my grandma's girdle for $200. Once a $600 trumpet I got at a garage sale. Once a $276 Bible got at a garage sale for $2. Anything that isn't immoral and people are willing to pay me at least a buck more than it cost. Ebay isn't what it used to be ...nor is the selection at Goodwill. I once sold a used vintage vaginal speculum which must be my "oddest item".

My counterpart consistantly does better. He's sold everything from NASA surplus to full size pinball machines to chrome off old cars ...fishing junk, jewlelry store tools, bike wheels, whatever.

Hello Mississippi/Alabama neighbors.

Today I got a new pair of black sandal pumps, a long warm chocolate brown lined wool skirt, a split black and white houndstooth skirt, a black knit semi-miniskirt with pockets, and a silky sky blue blouse at Goodwill. (Was $2.50 skirt and blouse day. I spent $14.00 total.)
    What was on sale where you live?

We got a new hamster ($20, not on sale). He's cute but he's not Nibbles.

13. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Terriv! :)