Intoducing myself.

Discussion in 'Goats' started by trob1, Jun 23, 2006.

1. trob1

trob1 Well-Known Member

Helo, I wanted to introduce myself! My name is Teresa and I have had goats about a year and half. I started out with some baby nubians to bottle feed and have finally settled on Registered Pygmy goats. I have 3 does , 1 buck, 1 buckling and my does had babies this year so from them I have 2 little bucklings and one doeling. I am keeping the doeling. Sadly 2 does had twins but each lost one. In about 3 weeks I am picking up 3 more does from the same breeder I got my others from. 2 are mature and have had babies, infact that is what I am waiting on the one has had 11 does in six kiddings and she is nursing 2 does now. The other has kidded with twins once, the last is a 14 month old never kidded. Thanks and I look forward to posting on this board. I have been surfing it for a month or so now.

2. Sarah J

Sarah J Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I am in the process of saying goodbye to my herd and it's heartbreaking, to be sure. I will really miss them. But you'll love the people here and you'll get lots of adviceand answers to questions. Which, of course, you already know since you've been surfing us for a while! :)

Enjoy your goats - they're too loveable to not!

Sarah

3. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

Welcome Teresa, as you know you can get almost any question answered here.
    Are you showing your Pygmy goats. Congratulations on your newest addition. (In three weeks). Send pictures.

4. rranch

rranch Well-Known Member

welcome Teresa. I also have registered pygmys that my daughter and I show and breed. We currently have a herd of 1 senior buck, 3 bucklings, 3 wethers, 3 senior does, and a bunch of junior does. I tell my dh it is not over 20. Oh and I counld not resist those percentage boars at such a good price. I love goats. I think I'm an addict. Where are you located?

5. ChickenMom

ChickenMom Well-Known Member

Welcome!
    Good to have you

6. GoatLove

GoatLove Well-Known Member

7. trob1

trob1 Well-Known Member

I am going to try my hand at showing this coming spring in Lebanon Tennessee. I am located in Middle Tennessee.

8. littledoe

littledoe Well-Known Member

Welcome, friend :)
    I, too, have pygmies, though mine are not registered. They are a lot of fun, though.

Glad to have you, Teresa
    Malissa

9. Spinner

Spinner Well-Known Member

Welcome Teresa, No pygmies here, but after reading about them, I must say they sound like fun.