Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I told you all you would see alot of me now in here since, I got my two new babies. Question.. they keep getting into the Potbelly pig food. It is a lighter green pellet like their alfalfa pellets. Will this hurt them? They really seem to love it too... and of course my potbellies want to know what they are getting that is not for them. tee hee they are eating their own food and minerals and grazing.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I'm not sure what is in pig food.
My guess is there is probably animal protein in pig food - not the best thing for an herbivore. Check the ingredients and give us a high-level rundown - that should be able to help us advise better.

·
Premium Member
15,706 Posts
Many goats have died after getting into feed by themselves and overeating. That's not something you want to witness.

It's best to put all feed under lock and key (almost) if you want to keep your goats safe.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow, I am so floored that it culd be that bad. I will say they are not just getting into the buckets of it. I usually feed my potbellies about a cup each, which is only two cups total and when they are eating the goats have decided to join them. they aren't getting tons but, I will send a list of what the ingredients are to you all tommorrow when I get the label. thanks so much always. They are still doing well but, won't come up to me yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts