Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been driving me nutty..When I moved, I discovered that I now live in an area where ONLY dial-up is available..rats..so, I had to switch from DSL to a dial connection. Ever since I've had this dial-up ( 6 weeks), two things happen each time I'm on the internet:
1. Cannot use the "back" button"..it simply doesn't work..just keeps giving me the page I'm already on..i.e. reading the forum threads and replying..If I want to go back to the list of topics, I have to actually quit this site and reaccess the entire site again.
2. After about 5 minutes of viewing anything, IE crashes and I get a nice notice saying, "Microsoft has detected a problem and will have to shut down."
I've spoken with my ISP providers tech support folks..twice now, they've set up a "new" connection" and checked all of my settings..doesn't fix anything. I'm about ready to throw the entire computer right out the window..

any ideas???? ANY? :flame:

·
Registered
913 Posts
bostonlesley said:
I'm about ready to throw the entire computer right out the window..

any ideas???? ANY? :flame:
Open the window first. :)

I second the suggestion to switch to Firefox. It has a number of advantages, one being it's more stable. http://www.mozilla.com

If you really want to salvage IE, uninstalling & reinstalling it might help. If you let us know what Windows you have, someone can tell you how to do that.

-Dan

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I feel your pain Lesley.
Welcome to my world - the world of dailup with no other options.

My suggestion would be to go to the library and use theirs.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took the PC off the windowsill and downloaded Firefox..YEAH..am now happily using the back button and gleefully haven't been thrown off since..YIPPEE and THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.. :) :) :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts