InnSeasons Resorts info???

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Chas in Me, May 28, 2006.

1. Chas in Me

Chas in Me Well-Known Member

We just received notice that we won 4 roudtrip airfares to 31 different vacation destinations. Has anyone else gone through this? We have to attend a 90 minute presentation in order to receive the air travel. I think we also have to stay at certain hotels too.
    i would appreciate any info on this.
    Thanks,
    Chas

2. donsgal

donsgal Nohoa Homestead

Speaking in generalities, it is not a good thing. First of all you most probably will have to give them two or three choices on locations and you will have to give them two or three choices on dates. Most of the dates you choose will not be available. They will want you to send a deposit even before your location or dates are confirmed and most usually you will have a year (sometimes six months) to use the coupon. If you don't visit in this period of time you forfeit your deposit. It will be very difficult to contact them to make the arrangements.

Everything and I do mean EVERYTHING they promise you, get it in writing. Also, check the Attorney General's office for the state they are in as well as your state and the Better Business Bureau to see if there are any complaints against this company. Also do a "google search" online using the name of the company and "SCAM" or "ripoff" and see if anything pops up. See http://www.tabulas.com/~anjulita/999546.html for some info. and scroll down to the bottom of http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...sort_Pollard_Brook-Lincoln_New_Hampshire.html

Finally, if you are satisfied that they aren't going to rip you off; you have everything they have promised you in writing and you want to take a stab at it then go for it! My cousin goes on about three of these a year - paid vacations - and has a great time. Make sure that you inform them at the time that you arrive for your presentation that you are only staying 90 minutes as agreed. Otherwise, they can sometimes drag it out for HOURS.

donsgal

3. Hoop

Hoop Well-Known Member

This is an old scam on the internet (the Nigerian money laudering scheme is the oldest & best) that also takes place via the telephone. They are generally run out of "boiler room" operations. Ex-convicts are commonly used to fill the ranks of employees.

Here is how the scam will work. Your name was purchased via a mailing list by the scam company. You didn't enter any contest.
    What you have won is NOTHING.
    A million or so phone calls, letters, emails, carrier pigeons were sent out, notifying unsuspecting people that they had WON.

Many variations of this scam take place. Here is one.
    You'll be furnished with a list of various destinations. You'll have to stay at the Motel 3 1/2 of Schlepville. Of course, its name is the Fancy Schmancy Ritz of ______. Its just a few blocks away from Las Vegas/Fort Lauderdale/New York City/etc.
    You'll be required to put down a deposit of at least $200/person "to insure you show up for this fabulous gift".
    Your stay at the Motel 3 1/2 will cost you $287.98 + taxes & room fees of $138.96 for each night of your stay. Minimum 3 night stay.

This scam has many variations. Sometimes, the costs of staying at the Motel 3 1/2 are disguised, so it appears you'll only be paying $80/night for the room. Of course, you'll be contacted a week or so after plopping down your first amount of $$$ by a representative. They will tell you that your room has been upgraded (now you'll be staying at the Motel 4 1/2) and you'll have to kick in another $100 - $200/person. The room upgrade thing will take place many times. After all, scammers know how to reel in a fish once they're on the hook.

The end result is this: you'll pay twice or more for your so-called free vacation than if you went through a travel agent. After all, scammers have bills to pay, bail bondsmen services, lawyers to retain, etc. Surely you don't think they do this out of the goodness of their heart?

Don't be foolish enough to believe that people win contests they don't enter.

4. Chas in Me

Chas in Me Well-Known Member

Thank you both for your answers. We have decided not to take them up on their generous offer.
    Chas