inner ear infection

Discussion in 'Alternative Health' started by Milkwitch, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Milkwitch

Milkwitch Well-Known Member

any one have ideas on herbal help for inner ear infection and sore throat?
    DD has them often as is down with it again. I hate to have her rely so heavily on anti-biotics

2. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

I've heard about emptying a garlic oil capsule into the infected ear but I've never tried it so I don't know.

I have a bad problem with inner and outer ear infections.

To keep away inner ear infections:

every other day, clean out ears with hydrogen peroxide

lay ears on heating pad once a day to melt the wax and get things moving

avoid fluid buildup in ears by taking Sudafed once a day or every couple of days (cheapo brands work too)

ALWAYS keep ears covered in cold or windy weather. I use a skiband type of ear cover since it keeps the wind out totally. I also have a furry hat that ties under my chin that's good for that. Also don't roll the windows down in the car, the wind is really bad. If we do, we roll down the windows behind me since it doesn't bug my ears.

Sadly outer ear infections can lead to inner ear infections. Avoid these by rubbing down the outsides of the ears before bed by using rubbing alcohol.

If she has any infected wisdom teeth or teeth in general, those can aggravate ear and throat infections (trust me..been there and done that in November lol).

Garlic oil is a very good natural antibiodic, you can get it super cheap at Dollar General and it's good quality. Also having a humidifier in her room is nice for the throat and sinuses. I'd use Tylonel or Ibprofeun to treat her fever and a heating pad or hotwrap to soothe her ears.

I hope this helps.

Kat

3. Milkwitch

Milkwitch Well-Known Member

Thank you so much!

4. Sher

Sher Well-Known Member

I feel bad for her..I suffered with alot of ear/throat events when I was a kid. Heck..as an adult too. But now, soon as I feel the first twinge..I take garlic capsules and grapeseed extract capsules. They have truly worked for me.

To make me feel better before the stuff kicks in...I like using Vicks vapor rub and message behind and in front of my ears and do the same with the throat.

I sure hope she feels better soon...that's just miserable.

5. Pink_Carnation

Pink_Carnation Well-Known Member

sugar free gum can help for inner ear ones. It helps the tubes keep draining