INFO...Mr. Michael W. Smith

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by ozarkyehti, Jul 25, 2006.

1. ozarkyehti

ozarkyehti Well-Known Member

Michael.......

You may have posted this, but I must have missed it.

I never did see the final tally of cards and such your wife recieved for her birthday.

Also, what was her reaction?

We here at the ozarkyehti homestead took part in your surprise.

2. Michael W. Smith

Michael W. Smith Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought I had posted the results! She ended up getting about 15 cards all together. When the first card arrived, she couldn't figure out who on earth the person was and thought perhaps I was up to something!
    But I lied out of it saying I didn't know. (Hey, I couldn't spoil the surprise!)

By the 2nd day when she received 2 cards, I couldn't deny it anymore! And I believe on one of the cards on that day, the person mentioned about HomesteadingToday, so the "jig" was up!!!!! She was a little bit unnerved about me telling everyone here her age, but as the cards continued coming in, I think she was really pleased with me (though she wouldn't admit it!)

Some people even sent seed packets along as gifts, and one person even mailed a jar of homemade jelly! You people really came through, and showed her that everyone here wasn't "nuts". She has never really understood the homesteading way of life, and couldn't figure out why I chat here so much. I trid to explain to her, that the people here are very friendly people who just try to help each other. You guys showed her exactly that!

She kept all of the cards, so I'll have to get them and count exactly how many she got and post here.

Thanks to all who helped to pull off a nice surprise for my wife!!!

3. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

awww...that was so sweet of you :)

Hugs
    marlene

4. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

Darn, I totally missed it... :(

oh, well, Happy Birthday to your wife, from one of the nuts at HT!

Pony!