Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I haven't been on here in awhile because of some personal stuff but I've got a question. It looks like we'll be moving to the High Point, NC area because of a job opportunity. What can anyone tell me about that area. I can't buy a place until I sell my place here in Alabama but I would love to find a place to rent or lease to own. What areas should I look in up there. And is there anything I need to know about that area. Thanks, Gary

·
Registered
164 Posts
I do not live in High Point I am about 1.5 hrs from there. It is expensive from what i have heard but better paying jobs also. Lots of restaurants parks etc around the area. It is between Winston Salem, Kernersville and Greensboro

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I'm 30-45 min north of HP. Archdale is a good starting point. If you like the boonies, Carraway. Seth

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Homes, taxes and land are cheaper in Davidson county. The prices are all over the map for house with land, but there are good deals as well. It is a great place to live. As a previous poster said, Archdale is a great place to look.

High Point is close to both 85 and 40 which makes it super convenient. You can shop in Greensboro or Winston Salem depending on which side of town you move to. Old Salem in Winston Salem is a great day trip and you are close enough to the mountains to drive up to the Blue Ridge and spend the day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts