Indiana Gathering.

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by ericjeeper, Oct 7, 2006.

1. ericjeeper

ericjeeper Well-Known Member

2. SweetSarah

SweetSarah Well-Known Member

Great pictures. What did you have going on the fire there? I love campfire cooking. :)

3. ericjeeper

Live on Land made a beef stew. and Mainer had pea soup. and not in the pics was a large pot of mixed beans.. in the dutchovens on the ground were two pineapple upside down cakes. later Live on land baked biscuts.
    trust me we ate well.. very well.. we took a walk through my woods and picked a couple of pawpaw . most sampled them.
    For any of you that pass an oppurtunity to meet some of your fellow homesteaders you are crazy. we had an excellent time.

4. 4sarge

4sarge Well-Known Member

Good Meeting Folks, Great Homestead, Great Food, Good Time had by All :dance:

Thanks Eric for the Invite - We''ll have to do it again but I'll step up the salsa spice a tad :rolleyes:

5. ajaxlucy

ajaxlucy Well-Known Member Supporter

Eric, that was fun. Thanks for organizing. Your place is great and so was the food. Hot sassafras tea, fresh pawpaws and pawpaw cookies were new treats for me. It was really nice getting together with some of the folks here.

6. mainer

mainer Well-Known Member

Eric & all.sorry I missed Sarge4 but did get the bushes pulled out!!Have to go pawpaw hunting today.
    Wonderful to meet everyone face to face.so much more fun to read your postings now.
    Great day!! loved your woods!
    Kris

7. 4sarge

4sarge Well-Known Member

Sorry to have missed you also. Pea Soup must have been a hit, it was all gone by the time that we got there :Bawling:

Did eat lots of great things, Bean Soup, greens, cakes, biscuits, stew, pawpaw cookies and much much more.
    I'll probably still have a hard time putting names to faces, probably easier for me to associate the food and the names :rolleyes:

Great bunch of folks and Kudos to Eric & Family for hosting at his homestead :) Loved the outhouse, solar panel array and of course Eric's home still :dance: (OK - just in case the revenuers are reading, still=home heating system)

Hope to do it again and hope that folks can attend :nerd:

4sarge :hobbyhors

8. jamo

jamo Well-Known Member

Gosh, I'm sorry I missed everybody and couldn't come. Sounds like all of you had a wonderful time! That's what matters most!!!!!

9. live on land

live on land God does answer prayers

Well I have to say I had a great time and hope every one else did also. Yes I did eat to much but it was worth it. Eric THANK YOU for letting us have it at your place. I really have to say it felt like we were with old friends. Well hi to all and keep in touch.

10. Pony

Pony STILL not Alice Supporter

I know it's great -- and important! -- to get together with other homesteaders, and only wish that the circumstances here had been a bit better so we could have gone!

Glad that you all had a wonderful time!

Think you'll do it again next year, Eric? I'd love to drive my CJ down to IN!!

Pony!

11. ericjeeper

I like to eat.. and we had some of the best home made food in the world.
    Ole live on land made an awesome pot of stew.. and Not to mention the greens that AjaxLucy made. By the way I want the recipe.. I am still eating the leftovers.
    Maybe next spring we can do it all again.

12. Melissa

Melissa member

I am glad everyone had a good time. Someday I would like to have a get-together at my place. I keep saying, "Maybe next year..." but we need to just do it~

13. 4sarge

4sarge Well-Known Member

Has Spring Sprung ? I'm Past Ready. Need to be thinking 2007 Spring Indiana Gathering before too long. Eric did such a great job, lets get planning. Who's in And then we need to start a new thread, and pick a date. Just make sure that it's a nice sunny day :rolleyes: