Increase in spam

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by donsgal, Nov 18, 2006.

1. donsgal

donsgal Nohoa Homestead

Is it just me or in the past week has there been a dramatic increase in spam? Whereas in the past I could count on 20-30 spam messages a day showing up in my inbox, now I can look forward to deleting as many as 70 a day! (yippee). To make matterss even more frustrating, my "spam catcher" is sending several good, wanted messeges to my spam folder despite my putting in the email address on the "white list". :shrug: So not only do I have to wade through my inbox deleting the spam as I go, but I have to wade through the "spam" inbox for good messages that have gone awry.

I assume that it is due to the holidays. I'm wondering if others are having the same increase. I have not signed up for anything new (giving out my email), in recent memory.

Donsgal

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Seek out 'AVG' virus control, my span amount dropped to about 3 per day with this program, free for noncommerical accounts.

3. Terre d'Esprit

Terre d'Esprit Boer-ing Mom

4. culpeper

culpeper Well-Known Member

I rarely get spam. The reason is that my user name breaks an important rule of the English language (certain combinations of letters that don't appear in any English words). So spam-generating computers don't find it so easily. I suggest you change your user name.