In the market for a homestead on 9 acres?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by jill.costello, Nov 13, 2006.

1. jill.costello

jill.costello Well-Known Member

We're selling our pretty place and moving closer to my parents. We hadn't planned on moving so quickly, but such is life! It's posted on the "real estate for sale" sticky on the barter board.....just FYI! Low price for HTers so we can keep the realtors out of it!!

2. TedH71

TedH71 Well-Known Member Supporter

Beautiful house with a wraparound porch no less! But...if I remember correctly, you lost puppies to parvo in that area, right? If so, I would not recommend anybody who wants to breed dogs to have that property because once parvo is in the soil, you pratically cannot eliminate the virus unless you bleach the whole property which is nearly impossible otherwise I think the land is beautiful! Best of luck in selling it.

3. jill.costello

jill.costello Well-Known Member

Good memory Ted, but you forgot that we moved from the 15 acre Cameron farm to this one in Mineola! We've only been here 7 months, but my dad has been having some health problems, so we want to be closer to Wisconsin to keep an eye on them; they have a huge horse breeding operation and my dad thinks he can do everything himself...stubborn, stubborn, stubborn!! :rolleyes:

4. TedH71

TedH71 Well-Known Member Supporter

Mineola? That's not too far from Tyler....dang. Have to wait a couple of years before I can ever consider buying property in the Tyler area.