In need of milk goat

Discussion in 'Barter Board' started by Kimi Rose, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Kimi Rose

Kimi Rose Active Member

Hello to all my husband and I are in need of a milk goat. We are both hvac/r technicians he has 15years we can also do plumbing and build coops or pins hang fencing we are in southwest Ohio

2. mzgarden

mzgarden Well-Known Member

My nubians won't kid until February but in the meantime you might find something at this Facebook group
    Highland County Farm & Livestock Market (OHIO)

3. Kimi Rose

Kimi Rose Active Member

Well we don’t have Facebook we cut it out a few years ago. I lightly post on here.

4. ladytoysdream

ladytoysdream Expect the unexpected Supporter

Some facebook pages are public so you don't need to be registered to see them.

Have you checked out craigslist for your area ?

Maybe a grain mill or a store you buy grain from might be able to give you a lead
    to a breeder in the area.

5. motdaugrnds

motdaugrnds II Corinthians 5:7 Supporter

If you were closer I'ld let you have one of my Nubians. She is over a year old.

If you make a few local calls to the feed stores in your area, they will probably know who raises what animals in your area simply because they provide the feed for them. However, be sure you don't just take any goat because someone says it is a milk goat. Some milk goats are not good milkers....so if you find one, make sure you get to see her udder, feel her udder, watch the owner milk her and taste her milk BEFORE you buy her.