in like a lion!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by fordson major, Mar 1, 2005.

1. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

march has showed up here giving us a dump of snow. could be worse but am hoping it's enough to leave like a lamb!! whats your ides of march weather? have you found that a "lion "start= a "lamb" finish ?

2. mikell

mikell Well-Known Member

They say 20" by tomorrow morning but they haven't been close this year so far.

mikell

3. Rouen

Rouen Well-Known Member

boy i hope it goes out like a lamb and leaves us with some spring like weather but thats not likely, we dont usually see "lamb" weather till April/June, we already got 8" here and it's snowing again, time to get the shovel!

4. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

It is lion like here, too. Not cold yet but blustery.

5. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

Horizontal snow at 3 inches every 2 hours....Old Man winter its time to hibernate for Spring Summer and Fall.....GET!!

So I get to spend my day of shovelling snow....how exciting :rolleyes:

I have a bargain with the neighbor....he plows our driveway (long one and the barn) while hubby is at work with our JALLOPPY and then he can use it to plow his small driveway. He also is a mechanic so we by parts and he fixes.

He has been mistaken for Osama Bin Laden.....but I'm quite sure Osama doesnt drink as much :eek: :eek: but they are both a little unsteady on their feet :haha:

Dont ever accuse me of judging someone by their appearence/lifestyle .... :D

Time to shovel out the front door for the 4th time.....

6. Cindy in KY

Cindy in KY Well-Known Member

In like a Lion here too. We got part of your snow storm down here, but only a dusting with winds and temps in the 30's for the high yesterday. The ground is still muddy, not frozen, and it's warming up now to 40 today and 50's again for the weekend with rain. Maybe this is the last one.

7. creeklady2000

creeklady2000 Well-Known Member

like a lion we have over a foot of new snow!!! :waa: I have huge piles of snow as I had about 8 or 9 inches before the storm and we had a lot of blowing and drifting also going to be -5 tonight

8. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

we have tons of snow here in michigan. I would say,, we probably have 10 inches, on the ground, that is what my dh and I think.
    we loved the weather man, he said we had 3 inches. we both laughed and laughed.
    WE have a terrible amount. and the sun can come out, and warm things up any time now, we are tired of all of this.

9. romancemelisa

romancemelisa Well-Known Member

here in e. texas sunny yesterday, but cold, or a least to us. rainy today. would you rather have snow or rain all the time ? i am so sick of rain.

10. HilltopDaisy

HilltopDaisy Well-Known Member Supporter

Here in central NY, March came in like a lion. We had 16-18" of fresh snow when I got up yesterday, and it's been blustery ever since.

Somehow :rolleyes: one of the ducks escaped over a field fence, either last night or this morning. I just had to struggle though hip-deep snow to save him. Talk about a work out!!

11. moonwolf

moonwolf Well-Known Member

It got down to -30C here overnight. Snow layer on the ground is more than a week ago, about 3 feet. No sign of spring, except that I notice the days are longer. Rain in the forecast for the weekend.

12. hairy_shemp

hairy_shemp Member

snowing&blowing here already plowed 3 times thank god for 4x4s

13. NativeRose

NativeRose Texas Country Grandma

romancemelisa where are you in East Texas? I am in the Huntsville area. I am so tired of the rain. It seems like we have 2 days of sunshine and then 5 days of rain. I can't go outside :waa: I hope this ends soon. It is cold and miserable. I am hibernating at this computer. :haha: