IN/IL Want to go Camping together?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Jena, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

I would like to invite anyone who's interested in going camping to come on along. I will be there Aug 4-7.

Raccoon Lake SRA, Rockville, IN Parke County. Here's a map:

http://tinyurl.com/gh7d4

Raccoon Lake has a fishing, a nice beach and boat rentals. Rent anything from a pontoon boat to jet skis to ski boats. I'm not much of a boater, but if enough people come maybe we can get a pontoon boat or something. Of course, you can bring your own. Here's a link: http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/properties/res_cecil.html

Turkey Run State Park is only a few miles away and they have a swimming pool, canoe rentals (my favorite) and really neat trails. Here's a link: http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/properties/park_turkeyrun.html

I will be in the Lakeview Campground Nonelectric, site #96. This campground has a shower house, playground and water. Cost is $11.50/night and there was plenty of room when I just made my reservation on line. They have other campgrounds with hook ups, but since I do the tent thing, I didn't check those.

You can make a reservation at:

http://www.indiana.reserveworld.com/index.cfm

or by calling 1-866-622-6746

It would be fun to have someone besides my teenagers there with me. If you have questions about the place, let me know.

I am not planning an Event (with a capital "E"), just thought I'd see if anyone else wanted to go. If you are short of funds, I can provide you with all the hamburgers you can eat the entire time. I still have about 150 pounds of them! You bring the ketchup.

Jena

2. MullersLaneFarm

MullersLaneFarm Well-Known Member

Sounds like fun, Jena but our Jersey just calved so we'll be tied to the farm milking again.

3. gottahaveagoat

gottahaveagoat Well-Known Member

I can't go because son football stuff the whole time you will be there, plus more days but it sounds like fun. I only live about 30 miles from Turkey Run and about 45 from Rockville, we live in Crawfordsville. How old are your Teenagers? I have a 14 soon to 15 year old and a 11 year old. Mine don't really like spending time with me but we make them, must be the age. Hope you have a Great time!!!!

4. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

Been there Jena. It's a great place. I love Parke County with the big Sugar Creek and all those covered bridges. We stayed in the Racoon Lake campground in the fall after the leaves were all frosted. The electric campground is full of sycamore trees. The leaves were 6 inches deep on the ground. They were all the color of tobacco leaves, and about as big as dinner plates. The autumn breeze in the evening made them rustle (rattle). Great place to let the rest of the world just pass you by.
    If we can't get there, I'm gonna cry. Driving around the backroads and through over 30 covered bridges in Parke county will rival any country trip you can make.
    Hope we can bring some tomatoes.
    Ye Olde Uncle Will from Indianer.

5. littlebitfarm

littlebitfarm Scotties rule! Supporter

I'd love to go!!! But got a new hip last week. I think that would be pushing the time table a bit. Have fun!!

Kathie

6. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

The kids who will be going are 12, 17 and 19. They will each have a friend with them. My kids love doing stuff with me, which is good because they are the only ones I ever get to do anything with! They love to fish and I want to take a day to go canoe down Sugar Creek too.

Uncle Will...I tend to avoid Parke County during Covered Bridge Festival! I'd rather go now and canoe past the bridges on Sugar Creek. I hope you can come! It'll be fun.

Kathie, if you feel up to it, try it for a day. I am a CNA and take care of people with new hips all the time (granted not in campgrounds). I can help you if you need it. I don't think a walker would do too well in a campground, but I bet we can take a wheelchair off road!

I'm getting excited, this is going to be fun.

Jena

7. Outlaw9

Outlaw9 GO VOLS!!!!

Jena sounds like fun. We are going camping next weekend and gonna do a little fishing. Wish we were closer. Anyways you should take your actual number off of the thread and give it out only in pm,s and loony in America could see it and show up. At least with a pm you could tell its a real member knowing the info and read some of their posts and join date. If they just signed up with no posts I wouldnt reply LOL. Anyways be safe and have fun

8. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

My number isn't on there. It's the reservation number for Indiana State parks!

Jena

9. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member