Improving my herd thanks to goatmarm

Discussion in 'Goats' started by mpillow, May 27, 2006.

1. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

Got Big Shot from goatmarm today at the dairy goat show today in Maine. He is something to behold! Black with White spots and the sweetest disposition!(Nubian)

He is registered and from excellent lines so we are very happy to have him "help out" with our little farm.

BTW goatmarm...he's not hoarse yet and we had a "checking out" time...he sniffed them all but the herd queen is being herself so I have him stalled w/ water and hay (he had some grain and maple leaves before I stalled him). Herd queen is just outside the door with ears cocked and backhair raised :nono: I left the radio on for him and I can see/hear them from here and I visit often :) ...its almost milking time and I will try to get him to have some of "Queeny's" milk and Faith will visit with him over night.

Thank you so much for such a beautiful buck!

2. goatmarm

goatmarm Well-Known Member

The Spring Show was wonderfull! I think that was the most goats I've seen for the first show of the season! It was a long day, we ended up leaving when the second Buck Show began @7:30p.m. We arrived home@10:30p.m. after dropping off our crew of sleepy 4-Hers.
    It's good to here Big Shot is settling in. I am thrilled you are so pleased with him. I'll post how his sister and all his 1/2 sisters do in the ring as the season progresses.
    It will be so exciting to see Big Shots kids come next spring. I know he'll make me so proud.--Anna

3. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

Well I hope you got to sleep in! Probably not ever like me....always milking time :) I feel guilty if I make them wait at all....and I had the distict URGE to milk all those does with such full udders(I felt kind of bad for them :shrug: from a breastfeeding mom perspective)

I'm happy to say that Big Shot is a huge hit with my husband :baby04: His comment was..." HE is beautiful and so gentle" and " he follows you like a puppy dog!" Caley had Big Shot running in the driveway and being Fancy (jump twist) :angel:
    He had a bottle this noon...I gave it room temp as it is hot out and he drank about 12 ounces....We went on the goat trail (I walk the herd an hour most days for browse) and he was GREAT!....very fond of ASH, Maple and fir tips(my girls are done with pine/fir by the end of April). It was buggy but FUN! He didnt want to go back in the barn! :help:

Hubby was also cool with possibly showing!