Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fire department just left, our carbon monoxide detector alarm went off and we had elevated levels.

It looks like our corn/pellet stove is not functioning correctly, of course it can happen with a furnace too.

It's shut off now and we'll have to haul it up for servicing tomorrow....this is how we heat the house..it's going to be a chilly night.

I feel really shaken, this is so scary to me, but I'm SO grateful that we have detectors.

***PLEASE, if you don't have detectors, get some and if you do, make sure they are working***

ETA..make sure you have more than one, we have 2 and only one went off.

·
Broken Dreamer
2,320 Posts
Oh, thank goodness you had a working CO detector... sadly I knew someone from another forum who was not as fortunate. He and his family were not discovered for a week... :(

Glad you posted about this.

·
Enjoying Four Seasons
3,107 Posts
I'm so glad you were okay! Oh my - how AWFUL! Did the fire department mention about a good brand to buy? I see the $6 ones in Walmart...but then there are $50 ones in Home Depot. :shrug:

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm so glad you were okay! Oh my - how AWFUL! Did the fire department mention about a good brand to buy? I see the $6 ones in Walmart...but then there are $50 ones in Home Depot. :shrug:
Good question, they didn't, but after this scare I wouldn't scrimp.

·
Premium Member
4,094 Posts
wow, you have an especially good reason for thanksgiving this week. that is scary. thanks for the heads up about it too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts