Homesteading Forum banner

I'm starting to take it personally!

748 views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Shazza 
#1 ·
I have to tell you all, I have alot of trouble getting into some forums or even threads in a forum sometimes on HT... I'm sure between having a slow puter and dial up it is a combination. BUT, I have been trying for days and days to get into the swap 2009 thread and I can't get in. I finally got into the christmas swap thread today after about 30 tries but, I have tried atleast 50 times in the past couple days to get into the 2009 swap thread. I got into the pigs forum but, not the swap... Go figure. First I was getting:flame: but, now I am starting to take it personally....:( I just wanted you all to know so that no one thought that I didn't care about the swaps coming up or the discussions going on about them. I haven't even been able to get in to read the posts about who our 2009 hostess's are this year. So I would like to tell you all ( whoever you may be) Congrats and I know you will do a great job! It is so much fun and you know we are all here to help out if needed.
If anyone needs to get ahold of me for anything and has posted a question in the forums please do not think that I have ignored you. I really can't get in.. I get an "OPPS" page pop up everytime... I'll keep trying... Maybe after I vent to you all it will let me in... LOL....So please PM me or if email me. I really miss you all and the conversations... I will keep on trying and I hope you all have a great day. Deby

#3 ·
She is not the only one that has trouble. There are lots of time when I REALLY want to read a thread and it won't let me on. It's been this way since last year when the forum was down and they had to do lots of pruning.

I keep my computer clear of cookies. Every couple days I go in and delete all the cookies.

#9 ·
I find it tends to freeze up on a thread I really REALLY want to read :)...I also do find that sometimes it freezes and won't let me post a reply, and that makes me sad because there have been quite a few posts that I wanted to share support and prayers. But I thank all the admin who are fighting to keep the site going strong. Now that I am here, I am hopelessly addicted to the New Post heading...

#11 ·
I use to have more problems until I switched almost exclusively to using Mozilla Firefox. I still cannot get in when the foreign country twits are working on flooding the ports, but seems better over all.

I know in IE, my spywear detector goes off a lot, and with firefox it doesn't.

I'm on Windows 98 Pro, if that info helps anyone.

Angie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.