Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fell onto my l side 2 weeks ago jamming my L elbow into my upper ribs. It had got better fast and I forgot about it UNTIL late last week when, in hauling in wood for the stove I jammed one piece up to my L armpit while carrying others in my arm. It immediately hurt bad, and has continued to hurt. I have shortness of breath, and I dare not cough.
I went today cause the pain was REALLY bad to my quackapractor to get an adjustment, and maybe an X Ray. A Voice told me I shoulda called first, but I didn't listen to it and went. Secretary said he had a medical emergency at home and didn't know when he would be b ack. So I came home. I took a bottle of that 5-hour energy drink, and waited an hour. I didn't think I could split a couple small logs I wanted to buzz up today, and, in the shape iwas in I knew I couldn't lift them onto the saw. one was around 8in dia and 20ft long, the other was around a foot dia and around 6 or 8 foot long.
I waited an hour and went out. Found I could easily split the long one, and came in to get a lighter hat as I was getting hot in an ironing flannel shirt and winter flap cap. I still got shortness o breath, but since I used to have asthma, at this time of the year, I can live with that.

just amazes me that that stuff could make such a difference in an hour. No great pain at all.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I would likely think its just blocking the pain. Which can be bad. If you overuse that part of your body you can injure it worse and not realize it till that stuff wears off. Just don't overdue it, thinking its healed.

U

·
0 Posts
You'll probably pay the price when that energy drink wears off & I didn't know 5 hour energy drinks had painkiller in them .

·
Premium Member
25,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I got the 3 split into 9 pieces I can pick up and carry to the saw. Its 1 30 now, and ive been out without a shirt on since noon. Bet Im not shirtless tomorrow at this time lol. Wait a couple hours for it to get cooler and me to rest up so I have to wear a shirt to buzz cut the wood. Im sweating like a hog lol. Wonder why that's a saying, as hogs don't sweat??

·
Premium Member
25,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After I put my shirt in I saw where I had got a call from the quackapractor. He was in, so I went back over to him. I could barely lay down on his bed, and he had to help me up from it, BUT he gave me a jolt from his electrode, and after working me over I felt 90% better. He said I hadn't broke or cracked anything, just likely pulled some muscles or ligaments. I came home, and got the wood cut, around 2/3s a rick. I sat outside till it was dark, hating to let this day go.

·
Premium Member
25,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As a matter of fact, I took 2 sleeping pills, and I guess I really got relaxed. Im a lot better today than I was when I went to sleep.

·
Premium Member
7,031 Posts
Sleep cures a lot of ills, as does a well-applied ice pack, or heating pad.

Mon

Reactions: Pearl B
1 - 9 of 9 Posts