Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to burst!!!

:dance: :banana02: :bouncy:

I work part time in a small art gallery on the cove here. There is a artist walk on Saturday night which boss/owner and I were setting up for yesterday. I've become pretty close with my boss and while placing art pieces, he asked if I have anything I would like to display! Do I???? I've done book illustrations and freelance art over the years so I have lots of material, but have never had the good fortune to place my work in a gallery. He said I can have a corner wall area for 2 large paintings or 4 to 6 smaller pieces...whatever fits. My boss has only viewed my portfolio but has never seen my work first hand so this is a start!!! I stayed up until 3:00 am rummaging through years worth of work and all of a sudden I couldn't decide! I woke up clear headed and was finally able to pick my selection, so will take them in today. I'm smiling all over. Don't pinch me! lol This is like a dream and I don't want to wake up!!! :) :) :)

·
Black Cat Farm
1,357 Posts
Congrats! That's so exciting! :dance:

·
Accidental Farmer
14,837 Posts
How exciting!!

i've only had my art in a gallary once, so I know the feeling well.......I'm very happy for you! Do you have pictures of your work you can share with us? :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! :)

Nickie, I do! I've been planning to scan some anyway. I'm slowly but surely building a website to feature my art because I would like to eventually get into my own business. I usually get stuck on HT though instead of working on it like I should though. I'll get some pictures of my wall in the gallery and post it on here. <---Oh, I like the sound of that!!! :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Congrats!

Being able to show people your talent is about the most rewarding part of art, besides just the creative process involved.

·
Halfway, OR & Wagoner, OK
3,306 Posts
Good for you! So glad to see you'll be having an opening to share your work. Can't wait to see your website.

I so admire and love artistic people.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Pictures! Pictures!

Congratulations.

·
Pook's Hollow
4,570 Posts
From one artist to another - congratulations! I know just how you feel. :dance:

·
Waste of bandwidth
10,618 Posts
You artists are so excitable.

Congratulations!

I hope it's the start of something big.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
I am so jealous and very very happy for you.... I have just gotten back into do my thing. Never had the place or the time with the boys growing up... especially the place to work with it untouched. I missed it so much and now I can't stop. good for you.... I can't wait to see your work.

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
very cool. good on ya.

looking forward to seeing your work. my "sketches" look like kindergarden stuff. i do good schematics and floor plans though. :rolleyes:

dean

1 - 20 of 51 Posts