Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My four year old son found a gray hair mixed in with my brunette as I read him a story tonight, and cried because he says now his mommy is old.
Am I old yet?

·
mean people suck
2,532 Posts
Old schmold LOL There's only one alternative to getting older and I'll pass on that for now:) I recently quit coloring my hair and if my kids started crying based on the amount of gray hairs, well.....there would be another great flood ;)

You are only as old as you feel or act!

·
Registered
689 Posts
I've hated hats my whole life. I started wearing them a few years ago to keep my bald spot from burning. It sucks seeing somebody twice my age with a full head of hair.

You could have done some easy parenting. Tell him everytime he does something bad, mommy gets another gray hair. That could buy you a couple months of good behavior.

You look young and pretty in the picture thread, btw.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Lazybum, that was very sweet. I'm afraid I'll give the poor kid a complex if I say that tho lol.

·
Renegade Gypsy Queen
2,126 Posts
You and LB both are young and pretty. I'm about to put this in perspective for you handymama. I started turning grey when I was 14. My first prom as a freshman (14) going with a senior took pictures and quite literally, when the pictures were shown to people they asked who the older than him woman was. :/

So...there are worse things. Old is as old does.

There is a bright side to this. Even though most of my life people have thought I was 10 to 20 years older than I am...now that I am getting older, they think I'm younger. I'll take that, no problem.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't really mind getting grays. I'd noticed them before and didn't care. It was my boys reaction that surprised me.

T

·
0 Posts
DH says he was grey in high school... I have about a dozen or so greys. You're doing fine! They aren't abandoning ship! ;)

T

·
0 Posts
Kids are always going to think of you as old.

I was looking at an 1800s dress that someone made and posted in S&Q and my dd asked if I use to have to wear dresses like that! :heh:

My son was helping me go through old photos once... He was about 14.
He found a picture of me, holding him as a baby, so I was about 25...
He said, "gee, Mom, Time hasn't been kind to you!"

:-|

1 - 20 of 43 Posts