I'm nothing/nobody special...

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Wingdo, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Wingdo

Wingdo Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't know if it's because I've been on these boards for so long, or if it's because I'm so dag-gone good looking, but for some reason, especially of late, I'm being contacted about rude behaivior here on the "Homesteading forums!"

Where I do read most all the posts here, it doesn't mean I know, or am "involved" with, any of the day to day activities! I understand if folks are feeling pooped upon, and they could use a warm ear to talk with, and I don't mind providing one, however, the person to complain to (to actually have something done) about bad manners/rude behaivior has nothing to do with me.

I'll help when I can, do what I must, but other than that, I'm just an old man in the background doing what he can.

Please... if there's a problem, don't send me an email expecting me to fix it, and then get mad at me because I don't do anything!

I wish all you folks nothing but the best in the new year.

Kindest regards,
    Wing

2. bare

bare Head Muderator

Dear Wingdo

I have a serious problem with my boyfriend who I'll refer to as Buck. Buck has a very strange mannerism that frankly just gives me the willies!

Whenever Buck gets all hot and bothered, his lips curl back and his tongue does this incredibly weird thing! It flaps back and forth like a tarp in a hurricane which causes him to drool and foam at the mouth. It's downright gross and unbecoming.

I've tried everything to get him to stop, but he seems to do it automatically. Please don't suggest that I see a therapist as we live a long way's away from town and I don't drive.

I'm really hoping you have some ideas for me.

Signed,

Exasperated and sore.

3. vancom

vancom Well-Known Member

Not sure I'm following this thread--too much to eat last night, maybe...have people been mean to each other lately? I went to my mom's so I missed a few days I guess...

Vanessa
    near Nashville

4. Kazahleenah

Kazahleenah Disgruntled citizen

I'm with you vancom....
    once again, here I sit on the "Haven't got a clue" couch. :)

Kaza <--- blissfully unaware.

5. Jen H

Jen H Well-Known Member

Dear Wingdo

My best friend, Oreo, just won't leave me alone. I mean, he's a wether so there isn't anything that's going to happen anyway. But he just follows me around doing that tongue thing every couple months.

How do I get him to back off while still being friends?

Signed,
    Essie

6. jordan

jordan Well-Known Member

Dear exasperated and sore,
    If you think you have it bad with your boyfriend Buck, let me tell you about my guys (yes plural!), they not only flap their toungues (but don't all guys?), but they snort and pee on themselves too!
    Disgusting! I don't know why I put up with it! It must be LOVE!

7. Jcran

Jcran Well-Known Member

Dear Wingdo,
    As the above posts indicate, it sounds as if you are unwittingly starting an advice column. Please help: my buck is so desperate for nanny love, that today when I went out to schlep mud and muck, he started courting ME! Of course I let him know that I'm a married woman, and a human to boot, but he was more than willing to ignore those differences. I finally had to "cool him off" with a dose of vinegar from the squirt bottle. What esle would you suggest?
    Miffed in the Muck

8. Wingdo

Wingdo Well-Known Member Supporter

For advice I talk to my dogs, for good advice I talk to my goats or chickens, and for advice worth a dollar a pound I check out what the cows have to say.

I'm only saying that folks need to contact the moderators, not me, for their problems with folks on the Homesteading boards. Over the past month I've gotten no less than ten complaints from one person or another asking me to help them with a heated discussion they've gotten themselves involved in.

I don't know anything, and I for dang sure don't work here! Without sounding rude, I'd like for folks to resolve their problems with the help of the moderators of the proper board.

I don't mind folks emailing me if they have a question, but if there's a problem on the boards or personality conflicts, I'm not your guy!

Wing

9. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

What's happened to homesteadingtoday? We've got this loony bin thread here, and some dude having a heart attack at the top of the page. :shrug:

10. fishhead

fishhead Well-Known Member Supporter

I guess I'll just have to stop asking you to matchmaking for me....(sigh).

11. Freeholder

Freeholder Well-Known Member

Dear Miffed in the Muck:

A squirt bottle with a little vinegar in the water is one way to cool a buck's misplaced ardor. Another way, should he persist in making unwanted advances, is to grasp both legs on the same side and firmly but gently flip him over on his back. Then sit on him until he stops thrashing around. (It is not a good idea to do this while wearing the clothing you plan to wear in to the office later!) Once he settles down, you can let him up. He will probably mind his manners for a month or so. A few sessions of this will cure most bucks forward behavior, and then they should only need a reminder once or twice a year.

An Old Goat Lady

Kathleen (not old yet, honest! :baby04: Just middle-aged! :hobbyhors )