I'm not going

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Zipporah, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Zipporah

Zipporah Well-Known Member

Dh said we weren't going MIL's.Dh changed his mind so we will have a nice quite Thanksgiving here and eat a fat roasted hen. :D

2. SweetSarah

SweetSarah Well-Known Member

There is nothing better than actually spending a holiday in a way that you WANT to spend a holiday. Enjoy it. :)

3. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

Our plans are muddled, too. Looks like we won't get to have turkey with any of the kids. Right now I'm not fond of daughters in law. :help:

4. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

Rats Zipporah, I was looking forward for possible Sitcom ideas from your Thanksgiving with the inlaws. Or atleast hearing that you used some of our ideas shared here.

Now I'm undesided if I should tell you I'm happy that you will have a happier Thanksgiving, which I am ... or to let you know I hope you take the opportunity to get the inlaws back into your lives if not for you for your husband and your children. Family connections are important.

Hugs
    Marlene

5. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

I really think you have made a healthy choice.

No one has the right to treat you that poorly, family or not. Connections go both ways, and no connection is so important that someone should have to endure being slapped, called names, and otherwise ridiculed. That's wrong, and it is also wrong to allow others to treat you and your kids with such contempt.

Zipporah, have a most excellent Thanksgiving with your family in the true home you and your darling husband have made together.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Pony!

6. Crystal H

Crystal H Well-Known Member

I am SO happy for you. I worried that you would have been miserable with those people. I can relate. Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.

Crystal

7. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

Me neither :)

Could it be the flaming email I sent to them a few months ago? YES! I've not been bothered by husbands family since September.

My husband is not so happy about it but in the last 13 years I've not had T-Giving or Easter with my family....but spent on eggshells with his.... :nono:

I hope you have a Happy, Calm Thanksgiving....I know mine will be!

8. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

Rose, I hope you go ahead and make plans for a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration for yourself and your DH. Don't know what the story is, but my heart is with you.

Pony!

9. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

I agree with you Zip,very good choice.We went to far too many unpleasant TG's at Gramma's,wouldnt want that for anyone.Holidays are supposed to be FUN.

BooBoo