I'm new here

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by bgak47, Nov 11, 2005.

1. bgak47

bgak47 Well-Known Member

2. katlupe

katlupe Off-The-Grid Homesteader Supporter

Welcome Rachel, to our Homesteading Today family! I love it when a young person is interested in this lifestyle.

What do your friends think of your interests in homesteading and animals? I think most young people like animals, but the day to day care usually proves to be too much for them. :rock:

katlupe

3. mtman

mtman Well-Known Member

welcome
    i see a lot of new people here i havent had much time on the puter we are trying to get the old house done before xmass,there is much to learn here
    jim

4. Bee4Jesus

Bee4Jesus Active Member

Hi

Welcome! I'm new here too. I love animals but my parents limit me to 2 cats 1 dog and a rabbit(for now). :) I am 16 and going to be 17 on 12/17! :sing:

Mel

5. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

...............Welcome Rachel , this place can be your source of information as well as getting advice on any subject you encounter a problem with . There are lots of very experienced , patient , and caring folks around here who will always be here for you when you are "in need" . fordy... :)

6. Firethorn

Firethorn Well-Known Member

Welcome Rachel and Melissa.

Dont fret the comment about the cats. We dont have a vermin problem and we have 9 or 10 cats. The problem is bad neighbors abandoning the sweet things. We get them altered and feed them and love them. When we move we will tote them along.
    ( may I just quickyl add we have three 5 week old kits needing a home, males, raised in home but will do great in or out. We will keep two so we need to place a couple. I could have them altered before placement.)

We also have 8 dogs. ( not breeders) We just REALY love these furry friends. We would take in others if need be. This is one main reason we need to be out of the city!

I am happy to see the two of you on here. Also would love to talk animals with you any time.
    Mrs C.

PS we also have 8 children. :D

7. Wolf mom

Wolf mom Well-Known Member

8. Rachel K.

Rachel K. Well-Known Member

Thank you for the warm welcomes everyone.

All of my Animals are considered pets and loyal friends. I don't use any of them for meat of course. The Chickens are my pets but the eggs are a added bonus. :D The Goats I hope to use as a part of my cosmetic business next year by using their Milk to make Goat Milk Soap. Of course they will still be loving pets. ;)