I'm missing my babies!

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by Up North, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Up North

Up North KS dairy farmers

I sold the last five weaners out of my very first batch of babies today. Right now I would normally be going out to feed them. I miss them. I keep looking out my kitchen window to watch them play and they are gone. I didn't think I would of gotten so attached to the little buggers. Good thing I have more due in June. I must say it was a success. I had ten piglets born and they all survived and made it to be sold. I held back one of the females to expand my breeding stock. I still have a lot to learn and am looking forward to raising more pigs.

:1pig:
    Heather

2. Wisconsin Lisa

Wisconsin Lisa Active Member

Where in Wisconsin are you? I may be looking for a couple weaners mid-summer

3. milkinpigs

milkinpigs Dairy/Hog Farmer

Heather, my wife laughed when she read your post; she said it sounded like me. It seems the baby pigs have more personality than calves.I'm glad your first litter was a success......next litter put up some pics!!!!

4. Up North

Glad to see I'm not the only one!

[​IMG]

Yeh! figured out how to get a picture on here! These are my piglets at about 2 or 3 weeks old. The spotted one up front is the one that I am keeping for breeding stock. We named her Praline. She got that name because she looks like some sort of dessert with her coloring and spots.

Heather

5. Up North

OK. This was my first post of a picture. Obviously I have something to
    learn about posting pictures.

Heather

6. milkinpigs

milkinpigs Dairy/Hog Farmer

Good Lookin Pigs!!!!!! This time nextyear we can see pics of Praline"s first litter!!