Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
CF, Classroom & Books Mod
9,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH thinks it's funny, because normally HE's the one who suffers from such things.

Last week, I couldn't find my biggest stainless steel mixing bowl. Looked high and low for it, and couldn't find it anywhere! I even told the boys to go out and look in the barn, despite the fact that they swore they hadn't taken it out with veggie trim for the rabbits. It was nowhere to be found. DH walked into the bedroom and it was sitting on our bed :confused:

Friday, I was doing laundry. I came down the stairs into the basement, watching the steps as I went down (they're steep and I have balance issues :( ) -- they were clear. I put a load of laundry in the washer, turned to go back UP the stairs, and sitting on the bottom step was a penny. A 1932 penny. Either it was NOT there when I came down, or I'm blind.

Today, I washed my bathroom curtains. Plain cotton curtains with a matching sash. I washed them with the dining room linens we used last night. Took them out of the washer and tossed them in the dryer to fluff up a bit before I hung them to dry. I REMEMBER seeing the sash for the curtains stuck to the side of the wash bin, leaning in and taking it out, and putting it in the dryer with the rest of it.

When I took the stuff out of the dryer to hang, it wasn't there. I shook everything out, and searched the inside of the dryer. Not there. I even looked in the washer, although I KNOW I put it in the dryer. Not there. Finally gave up, hung the linens on the line, turned and put a load of jeans in that I had sorted YESTERDAY and left on the floor. The sash was UNDER THE PILE.

I'm losing my mind! :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Sounds like you have a poltergeist.

·
Premium Member
5,937 Posts
I wouldn't fret on it Tracy - maybe you aren't losing it but, like me have just put it somewhere for safekeeping. I just hope I can remember where I put mine ........;)

hoggie

·
Crazy Canuck
4,172 Posts
It could be a friendly spirit - I had one that would turn on the coffee pot or the blow dryer, or make the chandeler sway and throw plants around....I have moved from that house and it burnt to the ground within a year for the people that bought it...sometimes I think it's still around because of also having things pop up, in the open after searching the house for it. I tend to think it's a spirit, rather then think I'm losing my mind because of temporary spells of insanity...lol

·
Premium Member
4,353 Posts
wecome to my world. We have THREE people in the house how are ADD/Dyslexic and have serious spatial order issues! (I'm one of them). You are having a day that describes our life. :) Maddening isn't it? :nana:

Cindyc.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
At least you are finding things I can not find my big heavy key chain which I let my son use last month to start the riding lawn mower with.
Have torn the house apart it has all my keys on it,thank goodnes I had a spare for the car and house but how in the world will I get on for the lawn mower the rest of the locks.
I have left no stone unturned.

·
plains of Colorado
4,176 Posts
Last yr I reorganized xmas stuff...after about 20 times up & down stairs searching...I finally tell everyone...I cannot find any linens plus my favorite plates for the wall. I keep searching (and I'm really pretty organized)...my husband says what about under the bed...instantly I knew...I had put one under the bed plastic box (that I got for free) with all the linens and my plates tucked between them.

·
Crazy Canuck
4,172 Posts
At least you are finding things I can not find my big heavy key chain which I let my son use last month to start the riding lawn mower with.
Have torn the house apart it has all my keys on it,thank goodnes I had a spare for the car and house but how in the world will I get on for the lawn mower the rest of the locks.
I have left no stone unturned.
:eek: Now you've got me thinking ...what did I do with the riding mower key?!:confused:

·
Registered
576 Posts
I am still searching for that video game i bought for my daughters Christmas present the day after thanksgiving 2007!!!!

So nope your not alone....

·
El Paso
1,969 Posts
House Gremlins I tell you. The little buggers get down right testy if you forget to leave treats out for them.

I've heard they love milk and cookies.

Nikki

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
One day just before Christmas DH was driving us to WalMart to pick up a few things. I thought of something that I needed to add to the list in my purse. I found the list, then looked for and found my pen, then couldn't remember what I was going to write down. I still haven't thought of what it was. I guess I didn't need whatever it was very bad.

·
Premium Member
27,922 Posts
Last night I went to pick ds up from work. Dh was organizing his pile-o-junk while I was gone. Came home to find a bottle of guinea pig vitamin drops laying on my laptop. These drops were purchased about a year ago and vanished within 30 minutes of us bringing them home.

Gremlins, spooks, black holes, etc, either they do exist or some of us are insane. As for myself, I believe they exist. How else could my van key have ended up in a bag of aluminum scrap????

·
Can't stop thinkin'
1,267 Posts
Join the club of those of us who have already lost their minds! Don't worry about the lawn mower keys. Any repair shop or dealer can sell you a replacement key...don't ask how I know!

·
Failure is not an option.
2,623 Posts
Hey.

The pressures of being a Mod is starting to take it's toll...think of the bright side...once you lose your mind completely you'll be able to understand all the posts on this forum;-)

RF

1 - 20 of 20 Posts