Homesteading Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Elevenpoint; Most men know that there are bad women as well as bad men. By the time we ask one to marry we generally have some idea of their character, their past, their family and their habits.. Very few of us marry women we do not know. As Ben Franklin said, a man must keep his eyes wide open before marriage, half closed afterward.

That said---we've all met some women we'd rather not be around. Move on, find a good one and forget the tramp. When a man moves on he has first to be sure he's made himself into something a good woman wants.

Then me must acknowledge that there are people who are just not suited for marriage. When they throw in the towel it is best that they just let it go and live alone. To my way of thinking dogs and cats don't fill the bill, but I know there are those who are content to live so.
Would a dog replace a woman?
Of course not never.
But a dog most definitely is better than some women.
And I'm sure for a woman a dog is better than some men.
Just the way it is n now.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Been retired thirty years. Wife is as old as I am. We all have chores, but a woman's work is scheduled and cannot be avoided---so I told her "you cook, I'll wash.". I like the way I do dishes and I like the way she cooks. The rest we share as we can get to it. She shows no signs of wanting to leave so long as I do not interfere with her bridge games. The woman was a surprise to to me. I thought I was marrying an old retired school ma'rm---I had not idea WHERE she had taught, or what, or how she happened to be in those placs, or WHO she taught. I thought I was taking on a dependent---=-LOL, was I surprised. I knew of her family, her education, her history---but not the details of her accomplishments. Like shopping for a VW and coming home with a Ferrari. I am sort of pleased with myself.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts