21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,856 Posts
Read that book many times.

·
newfieannie
9,826 Posts
never read it. never ever seen it. sounds interesting though. think i'll see if i can get that on amazon looks like it came out in 61. that was the year i was married. i wasn't buying books . i didn't have computer, tv etc.

·
newfieannie
9,826 Posts
found it! it's at Indigo books a few doors down . only 12dollars . everything is shut down here though for 2 weeks or longer depending if they get the cases brought down. soon as they open again i'll order it. ~Georgia

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
You should be younger than me
I'll be 60 in 6 months
Ok if your older depending on bank balance.
Should be hot, as in attractive from the time you get out of bed till bedtime
No bad moods or bad moments allowed.
Hopefully you have 2 vehicles so I can have one.
No sense me paying upkeep on mine.
You should be well versed in housework, yardwork, cooking, keeping the vehicles in top maintenance.
Of course the garden, canning, etc is all on you.
Should know how to clean a deer, skin it, and process it down to the freezer.
Clean fish and fry them up, I'll do the fishing that's no problem.
You might be able to go once a year or so if you have all the other stuff done.
I like chickens and fresh eggs.
You should know how to take care of them, gather eggs, clean the coop, etc.
You must like mowing, trimming, etc.
Know how to run chain saw and log splitter that you will provide.
I will be a warm body to sleep next to at night, shoot intruders, and kill spiders.
I know the responses will be overwhelming but I will get back to you within a week.
This would be funny if it wasn't so realistic for men my age

·
Registered
706 Posts
You should be younger than me
I'll be 60 in 6 months
Ok if your older depending on bank balance.
Should be hot, as in attractive from the time you get out of bed till bedtime
No bad moods or bad moments allowed.
Hopefully you have 2 vehicles so I can have one.
No sense me paying upkeep on mine.
You should be well versed in housework, yardwork, cooking, keeping the vehicles in top maintenance.
Of course the garden, canning, etc is all on you.
Should know how to clean a deer, skin it, and process it down to the freezer.
Clean fish and fry them up, I'll do the fishing that's no problem.
You might be able to go once a year or so if you have all the other stuff done.
I like chickens and fresh eggs.
You should know how to take care of them, gather eggs, clean the coop, etc.
You must like mowing, trimming, etc.
Know how to run chain saw and log splitter that you will provide.
I will be a warm body to sleep next to at night, shoot intruders, and kill spiders.
I know the responses will be overwhelming but I will get back to you within a week.

You should have this playing in the background as you recite your list.

·
newfieannie
9,826 Posts
i was thinking about this thread when i was reading one of my old west books (while i was having a spell from gardening this morning) about the guys applying for mail order brides. a couple

wanted : a girl who will love
honest, true and not sour
a nice little cooing dove
and willing to work in flour

here comes a sweet lady from the land of flowers and sunshine. age 35,weight 150,height 5ft 8in.a musician, occupation real estate. have income also some means. object matrimony

oh this is a good one for Bill if she wasn't dead for over a hundred years. just kidding Bill!

i am in every way qualified to appreciate and care for a partner and home. am healthy, of neat appearance, affectionate and genial disposition. age 29,weight 123,height 5ft 5in. thoroughly competent in housework and farming. will inherit. will answer all letters.

times have sure changed and sometimes not for the better. ~Georgia

·
Registered
363 Posts
LOL; that post comes too close to the attitude some men have. Young men today find women so "easy: that they really do not understand how to respect a woman's character, her ability and her intrinsic worth. A good woman is the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. The man who finds one who thinks he is a keeper had better behave as a keeper should. Once a woman decides that she has made a mistake her man;'s life will go to hell.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
LOL; that post comes too close to the attitude some men have. Young men today find women so "easy: that they really do not understand how to respect a woman's character, her ability and her intrinsic worth. A good woman is the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. The man who finds one who thinks he is a keeper had better behave as a keeper should. Once a woman decides that she has made a mistake her man;'s life will go to hell.
I know where your coming from but what happens when you trust a woman and she is a liar? How do you respond when the one hitter comes out and they're smoking pot everyday? Eating tranquilizers every day?
All hidden from you
Just a bald faced lie
There's more as in meeting up with male dope dealers
My post was more of a bizarre you do what I've already done and then turn the script on me I'm the big bad man
It was raining this morning
I made coffee
My pups went out and went potty
They crashed out
I was content
The very last thing I wanted or needed was a woman scurried about here wanting to know what we were doing today
Or a friend that was female inquiring what I was doing today
If the same page is not there a woman is not needed

·
Registered
363 Posts
Elevenpoint; Most men know that there are bad women as well as bad men. By the time we ask one to marry we generally have some idea of their character, their past, their family and their habits.. Very few of us marry women we do not know. As Ben Franklin said, a man must keep his eyes wide open before marriage, half closed afterward.

That said---we've all met some women we'd rather not be around. Move on, find a good one and forget the tramp. When a man moves on he has first to be sure he's made himself into something a good woman wants.

Then me must acknowledge that there are people who are just not suited for marriage. When they throw in the towel it is best that they just let it go and live alone. To my way of thinking dogs and cats don't fill the bill, but I know there are those who are content to live so.

·
Super Moderator
16,753 Posts
Elevenpoint, when most people find themselves married to a liar and a druggie they get a divorce. I have seen people TRY to make it work, but sooner or later the big D usually happens

A drug habit can change a person SO much.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Elevenpoint, when most people find themselves married to a liar and a druggie they get a divorce. I have seen people TRY to

No matrimony here
It was over long ago
Peace today I'm outside in a chair grilling dinner
Fish Wednesday evening
Pick up new furniture that morning
Work Thursday and Friday half days
Tomorrow rain
Me and pups indoors
I'll be in sweatpants and warm socks
Just a down relaxing peaceful day

21 - 40 of 44 Posts