Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Halfway, OR & Wagoner, OK
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know, I listen to all of your tales and the ups and downs and ins and outs. I'm getting to know your kids and your triumphs and fears and failures too.

I check in here throughout the day, just to see what's happenin'.

If I can't figure out how to fix something, I ask. And I get the best help!

And I throw out all of my advice too--some if it off the wall, I suppose. I share photos of my grandkids, and maybe a birthday cake I made.

I guess I'm feeling a bit blue tonight. Some days I just don't feel like I fit in anywhere. ..like the odd man (woman) out.

Then I read about a member going through a night of PTSD, or another having such troubles with parents, or in-laws, or paying the bills.

Or another showing their lovely Christmas decorations, or sharing how to make pickles, or blueberry jam. ...or their kids grades in school.

I don't know, alot of this is just little stuff, I know. But somehow it all seems way more important than what I hear on the nightly news sometimes...and deeply satisfying to hear about.

It must be the moon. Heck, I don't know.

You know what, I think what I really love about this place is that people are just folks, and tell it like it really is. And it's okay to be a bit off-the-wall at times...."Hey, that's just so and so--he's like that."

Waaaah. .... I guess I just need a hug.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I hear ya wildwood flower. I lurk here ALOT and over the years have prayed for so many people that I will probably never meet irl, cried over their trials and losses and rejoiced with them in their victories.... from this side of the screen to yours ((((((hugs)))))))

I hope you have a great night!

·
Happy Homemaker
1,793 Posts
This site means a lot to me also. As a lot of you know with the stuff that I am going thru right now I didn't think I could survive it! BUT you all have been here with me every step of the way and have helped me keep my head up and going the right direction!

((HUGS))
You are a very valued member here, and will always be part of the family (strange family at times but still family! :rolleyes: )

·
Halfway, OR & Wagoner, OK
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
barnyardfun said:
This site means a lot to me also. As a lot of you know with the stuff that I am going thru right now I didn't think I could survive it! BUT you all have been here with me every step of the way and have helped me keep my head up and going the right direction!

((HUGS))
You are a very valued member here, and will always be part of the family (strange family at times but still family! :rolleyes: )
BYF,
Bless you, and bless all of the others. When I think of you and your brave heart and all that you are rising above for the sake of your children...

well, it just warms my heart.

Yesiree..."strange family at times but still family! :rolleyes:

I fit right in, I think.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Ahh, we know how you feel!! :grouphug: Big old sweaty goat smellin' hugs for you from all of us here. It's been hot, otherwise we would just have a goat smellin' hug for you. :)

Oh, and Angie I am claiming one of those big hugs you sent too. :p

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
I love this place... It's where we can ask for prayers or hugs! It's where we can vent, rant, brag, cry, laugh, muse and/or let it all out! Ask questions that NO one else would know or care about. It's the first thing I do the am and the last thing I do at night, while I drink my tea.. I visit!

So, here's to all the Homesteading today friends...(hugs). Hope you all feel better in the morning..Good night Queen Bee

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
(((((Wildwood Flower))))) I know what you mean; this is such a great place because of all the 'family members' here. We have a large diversity of people, with all kinds of different opinions.

Thanks to "da boss" and all the moderators for making this place possible.

·
Registered
713 Posts
AHHHH....what a NICE thread! I agree...I have found this site to be not just helpful in a million ways, but full of really NICE people. It's really cool to know someone you don't even know is praying for you when things get tough. It is great to hear about everyone's lives and daily victories and just share stuff!

Wildwood, I hope you get to feeling better. You seem like such a great person, it's crazy to me that you would feel that way!!!!......ahhh, I know those emotions get the best of us sometimes. But, remember that "you are fearfully and WONDERFULLY made". I'll say a prayer for you and send you some ((((hugs))))!

Rachael

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.