I'm in your house, giving you Mono

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by largentdepoche, Dec 17, 2006.

How should my family quit reinfecting everyone with Mono again?

1. Build gigantic plastic bubbles for each person

2. Use bleach, and alot of it

3. Fly away to a warm deserted island full of tropical fruits and no snow/freezing temps

4. Eat lots of cabbage

5. Find some groovy medical masks

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

Lol, gotta love it. I'm in another rebout and so is my husband. I think we made his parents ill again because they are sleeping alot and feeling as bad as we are.

We keep contaiminating each other LOL!

I decided to do a poll on how we should fix this :D

Kat

2. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

I would think that having mono over and over would not be a great thing to do to ones body. Perhaps the local medical wizzards will have some idea. I remember my brothers family constantly getting strep, it turned out to be the youngest son was a carrier but not sick! treated him and the whole afair quieted down.1 sis

3. mistletoad

mistletoad Well-Known Member Supporter

Are you sure it's mono? Unusual to have that more than once (most people gain immunity from the first bout) and I would think it extremely odd for a whole family to keep getting it. If you are all low with a mystery virus now might be a good time to see a doctor.

4. Maura

Maura Well-Known Member Supporter

Yea, sounds odd. You could all be reacting from mold, or a chemical leak.

5. Speciallady

Speciallady Well-Known Member

:kissy: stop kissing??? :kissy: :kissy: :kissy: :kissy:

6. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

Yep, it's Mono. I first got it when I was very young from my Mom and I've had rebouts of it since. I'm sadly prone to liver flus and weird things, it's sort of genetic with us.

It wasn't so bad when I used white vinegar to wipe down cooking surfaces, I recently stopped because I'm not OCD anymore that way. Funny I give that up and now we're always catching something LOL!

I'm already on the mend minus the fatigue, Hubby is soon better. Inlaws are elderly and so it takes them alittle longer to recooperate. They know it's Mono (we've all tested negitive for hepatitis and all that stuff) because I had extremely high liver values, as did MIL/FIL.

I'm still voting for the nice warm beach lol. It won't cure us any faster but it'd be alot more pleasent LOL!

Kat

7. Morning Owl

Morning Owl Well-Known Member

I would say all go to the doctor at the same time, sick or not. All get on med's to treat it, sick or not.

8. Jenn

Jenn Well-Known Member Supporter

Sadly no meds to treat mild (at home) cases. Try the vinegar or bleach but another issue is are you all worn down by something and therefore vulnerable? You are all (if you've actually all gotten the virus- don't see that they proved it with specific viral or antibody tests) now carriers so can reinfect selves rather than get it from each other if worn down.

I never had it that I knew of but must be a carrier since DH came down with it soon after we met and a poor girlfriend did as well- she was so mad I drank from her glass but we also shared her bed when I visited her in her tiny apt in Chicago so she might've gotten it without the water glass.

I also carry herpes- cold sores- and was devastated when DD got them at 3 years old. Can't abstain from kissing your babies though. So far seems like DH and her younger sister have escaped infection.

9. Kris W.

Kris W. unregistered user

I had to vote Build gigantic plastic bubbles for each person!! LOL~!

10. Hears The Water

Hears The Water Well-Known Member Supporter

Kat, I voted for the groovy medical masks, but I do have two suggestions for you. Talk to your doc to see if it can be carried by someone that does not show signs of it like strepp throat can. If he/she says yes, then treat everyone in the house. Also this is going to sound weird, but a freind of mine had the same thing happen and when treating everyone didn't work either, they traced it to the family dog. Now, this is just something I heard, so perhaps one of our favorite Veternarians could help us with this...if you have any pets that is. JMHO and HTH
    God bless you and yours
    Deb

11. roughingit

roughingit knitwit

I vote for the beach myself, but I'm a carrier lol

12. Shepherd

Shepherd Well-Known Member

I've never had it that I know of - don't even think I know anyone personally who has had it either.

What are the symptoms?

What's your doctor say?

Sure sorry you and your family are down & out.

13. stars01

stars01 Well-Known Member

I like the plastic bubbles, it serves two purposes. You can't infect anyone and if you walk into a wall you won't get hurt! Hope you all feel better soon.

Paula