I'm home from my puppy rescue...

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Ravenlost, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

Left Sunday morning for my trip to Alabama to pick up Fern, a seven-week-old Border Collie from a humane society. My dad's side of the family was having their reunion so I managed to leave soon enough to swing by the reunion for lunch. When my dad found out about the puppy he wanted one too. His Blue Heeler was killed recently. So I ended up getting Fern and her sister Lark. And, instead of bringing Fern home with me I let Daddy have her. Her personality just suited him better...she's much less energetic and excitable than Lark. (I posted Fern's photo on here last week.)

Lark is now "Bonnie" and she is black with four white feet, a white chest and tummy and a white tip on her waggy tail. She is fat as a little pot-bellied pig too so we call her Bonnie Bear.

My niece renamed Fern "Molly" and Daddy is calling her Miss Molly. This morning I caught him on the carport sitting in the sun with Molly in his lap. And when I got home I called and my mom said he had taken Molly for a ride in the truck. My dad has Stage 4 colon cancer and he needed a new best friend to keep him company. I feel so happy to have been able to give him such a wonderful gift. This puppy will brighten his remaining days so much.

2. MorrisonCorner

MorrisonCorner Mansfield, VT for 200 yrs

Oh how wonderful your Dad has a new puppy! You are a good kid :) Everyone should have a puppy when they're facing something like your Dad is. Go Molly Go!

Hugs.. from RagTag Golden Retriever Rescue :)

3. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

That is simply beautiful all the way around. :) My prayers for your dad...

4. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter