Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a great sale today. Nursery was closing, and getting rid of all their plants. My mom knows the owners and they said I could pick up all the plants I wanted in a certain area for $1 each. The rest of the plants, trees, flowers were 50% off, but still to spendy for my budget, so I headed straight to the dollar stuff.

Everything was in 1 gallon pots, so they were good size plants, I got...
Astilbe
aster
Forsythia Broxensis
Anthony waterer spirea
Self Heal
Phlox paniculata
false spirea
yarrow
prof. Kippenburg
tickseed
Euphoria cushion spurge
spirea burmalda
Chandler blueberry (4 ft. tall with blueberries on it)
Rubel blueberry ( has berries too!)

I got three of each for $42. We have only lived on our property for 2 years, so I have lots and lots of room to fill. I can't wait to start planting!!
Today was the last day they were selling, or I would be tempted to go back tomorrow and get some other things, lol.

Deb

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Awesome deal !!! I went to Big Bird's in Longview- all LITTLE plants were .50 - But you got GALLON plants !!!!
I LOVE A DEAL !!!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool Miz Mary,, I'll have to stop in there when I go grocery shopping. I also heard that Walmart in Longview has all their plants marked down to $2.00. I don't know if that is all there plants, or just their annuals. Not that good of deal if it's annuals, lol.

I got to get going on planting, because the weather is suppose to be getting hot!
Deb

·
In Remembrance
28,242 Posts
WOW! Bunches of new plants is almost as good as bunches of new chickies!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts