Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting moisture in the inside of the top of the refrigerator door, everytime I open the door, it drips.

The house air is very dry, and I got the refrigerator set at 34* F

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Check the seal around the door. If warm air from the house is leaking in, it will cause condensation. You can also turn the thermostat up to 39 or 40 degrees. It saves electricity, and the less the difference is between inside and out, the less condensation you'll have.

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Check at the very bottom of your unit for moisture, if it is present then find and clean the drip hole where condensation normally exits to the evaporator pan underneath the unit. This is in the inside of the floor area, all units have these.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's my seal, as it is only wet up by the Handle, so How do I fix this? a new seal? The door is closing all the way, I'll clean the seal and see if that helps.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The seal at the bottom of the door was about 1/8" off, so It wasn't sealing at the bottom of the door, I think my Door is twisted, as I see no way to get the twist out of the door(so it can seal evenly) so I just scooted a 5 gallon water jug into the door, and it seals.

·
Super Moderator
13,518 Posts
Clean all drainholes, vasaline the seal, set the control to humid setting and put a bowl of rice and baking soda in it to act as as a dissicant / odor absorber.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts