I'm Finished!!!

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Peacock, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Peacock

Peacock writing some wrongs Supporter

I am doing a happy dance! :bouncy: I am FINISHED with ALL of my Christmas shopping!

Know what's even better? For the first year ever, at least since I got out of school, I did not charge any of it on a credit card! I actually saved the money and stayed within my budget. :dance:

Everyone involved is getting some Very Nice Gifts, too. Some are handmade, some are just perfect for what they need and like, most are going to be a complete surprise.

Now I can relax and enjoy the season! That's a first for me too, being done this early! I usually hate Christmas because I'm slogging it out in the stores up till the last few days.

This is also the first year my kids really "get it" about what Christmas is about. My 8 yo son still believes in Santa...at least he says so. :) My 10 yo found out two years ago, but this year with all the charity projects we've done (angel tree gifts, helping at a free store/food bank) she put it together that THAT was Santa. She said something to me about how when parents put gifts under the tree and say they're from Santa, it's a way of giving anonymously. When you give a gift most of the time people know it's from you and can thank you. With Santa gifts, it's just pure giving. Sniff! :Bawling: She's so sweet!

Plus we're active in church now and they'll be doing the Christmas pageant. It's going to be a wonderful Christmas!

2. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

Way to go!!! Never having had a charge card to begin with, it has never been a difficulty for me to avoid using it. However, when Christmas giving comes around, I sometimes wish I did have one. I'm sure I wouldn't want it when the bills came in, tho.

Congrats on being done tho. This year I am still working it out. Usually, I am done in October. (people really hate that about me) Have a wonderful Christmas.

3. Tracy Rimmer

Tracy Rimmer CF, Classroom & Books Mod Supporter

Great -- you want to come and help me, now? :D

I've done my shopping, but I still have a mountain of baking to do, one last grocery shop for fresh fruit & veggies (and fresh seafood -- OUR Christmas Eve tradition... :) )

All that and my sister and BIL are coming on Friday, with their two adult children, and my house looks like a tornado went through it.

*SIGH* I comfort myself with the fact that she won't care -- they're coming to see us, not the house, but I've got a minimum standard to keep up, at the very least :) All the same, if you're done, I'd welcome the help!

Tracy

4. Dubai Vol

Dubai Vol Well-Known Member

Great news all around! Especially the "no credit cards bit!

I haven't even started yet, but then there's only Mrs Dubai to buy for, so I'm not so bad off. Sadly, we're both impossible to buy for! I keep asking for a chainsaw, but that has to wait until I get back to Tennessee.... Pity, I could use it here on the neighbors!

5. Kris W.

Kris W. unregistered user

WAY TO GO!!! I STILL haven't finished mine and have my guest bedroom floor stacked to the ceilling with wrapped presents! LOL! Once again, CONGRADULATIONS!! :):)

6. Bink

Bink Well-Known Member

Good job!
    I have one last thing to finish, then it's baking to do. Company housecleaning, mostly. I think this will be a good Christmas. :angel:

7. fellini123

fellini123 Well-Known Member

Well we had all 3 "kids" here this year. The oldest (36) and youngest (25) were here from AZ, so we had Christmas last Saturday. Exchanged presents, big turkey dinner, (we are still eating leftovers) and the whole thing.
    So I am done.....really and completely. Ready to take the tree down, but I guess I will leave it up until Dec 25th.
    Cant figure out why everyone is still shopping!!!!!! :dance:

Alice in Virginia

8. AR Cattails

AR Cattails Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm glad you're finished. :) I'm not finished but I have run out of money. :(

9. manygoatsnmore

manygoatsnmore Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm done, too, but haven't wrapped a thing yet! Still have more baking to do, as what I bake seems to be eaten before I have a chance to gift anyone with it...dd is a bottomless pit these days and never gains an ounce from it all. <sigh>