Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Turkey Wrangler
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like crying right now.
All of a sudden I just got heavy eyed and lethargic.

For the past week I have been cleaning my house preparing for a visit from my in-laws from Florida. With everything I have to do daily just to keep the house and the business going I am already overworked. We have been in this house for almost a year and have not made a dent in the interior remodeling and I have been practically sleepless trying to make everything just so.
The in-laws decided on this week to visit of all times, of course we said come visit anytime! They have their RV and they will be no trouble, right?!
Bad timing really, the kids start school soon, one going into middle school and two into high school, I have been shuttling kids to sports practice, school shopping, doctors appts, hair appts tomorrow....
The in-laws arrived yesterday and of course I left work early, prepared a feast fit for a king to put on the grill and waited for dh to get back from field hockey game with dd, gs, and ds and fil, they didn't get back until 8pm.
my MIL and I visited until they all came home and then I started cooking.... I did everything, I had to **** my MIL out of the kitch and back to her RV at about 10pm (I know she was beat from the trip) no one else offered to help with the clean-up. I finally got to bed around 11 and slept fitfully.
This morning I woke up at 6am, cleaned the kitchen some more ran two loads of laundry and hung to dry, got gs ready for day care, fed and watered the chickens, etc, etc.....
To top it all off, I am closing the shop early tomorrow (1pm instead of 4) and preparing for a family reunion cook-out on Sunday- there will be 20+ people.... It's hot, the pollen is high, I'm exhausted and ready to cry.
I get little help from the kids, dh is busy with farm stuff.
I would kill for a couch potato day, rainy, a good movie and a box of bon-bons...... sigh.

·
bunny slave
4,389 Posts
Well, for heaven's sake, stand up for yourself, girl! Inform people that you already run a business and a farm and do not have unlimited time to be a party planner as well. Stop worrying about having everything "just so" and feeding people the perfect gourmet meal - I doubt they care that much. Tell people it would be a huge help if they could just bring a (fill in the blank) and they will probably be happy to help. The hair appointments can definitely wait.

Next time, you'll know better than to turn down your MIL's offer of cleanup help, right? :p

·
Turkey Wrangler
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
trixiwick said:
Well, for heaven's sake, stand up for yourself, girl! Inform people that you already run a business and a farm and do not have unlimited time to be a party planner as well. Stop worrying about having everything "just so" and feeding people the perfect gourmet meal - I doubt they care that much. Tell people it would be a huge help if they could just bring a (fill in the blank) and they will probably be happy to help. The hair appointments can definitely wait.

Next time, you'll know better than to turn down your MIL's offer of cleanup help, right? :p
The kids go to school on the 4th, they need their hair cut.
I am just being a martyr I guess, time to quit complaining and buck up- I am going home and lying down for 1/2 and hour, company be darned. Maybe my MIL will have fun gathering eggs? I kind of doubt it. Steak and salad tonight, ILs said they are buying pizza tomorrow night, oh goodie, that means I have time to prep for Sunday.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Don't wait for someone to offer to help A'sta!! Can't your kids give you a hand with dinner prep/cleanup, egg gathering, etc? All of that shouldn't be on your shoulders alone, that is for sure!!

Sounds like you have an awful lot going on right now. Long term stress, especially combined with a renovation/remodel project and one's own business does NOT do wonders for one's inner peace (lol, as I have learned from way too much experience....at least we don't have kids to deal w/ on top of that. If we did, I can't even imagine.... :help: ).

I hope the pressure lets up soon so that you can take a day for yourself....it sounds like one is way over-due!!!

Erin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.