Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and it is my last stand!

Way back in say Aug./Sept. when hurricane Ike hit, I got the call to go down to fix power lines. So the night I drove down to the city to pick up my bucket truck, I get me a little breakfast and a bottle of milk. I couldn't drink the entire thing of milk and only had about an inch of it left in the bottom. So having nowhere to throw it away immediately, I made sure to put the cap on good and tight, and gave it a fling on the floor. OK...so that is that.

Five weeks later I return and prepair to load my tools into my truck. I open the door and BAMM!!! Holy tap-dancing JESUS!!! I couldn't even put my head in it without dry heeven. Nothing like having chunky milk explode in your truck and have it furment a couple of weeks. All you complaining about how to get a little vomit smell out here or a little leaky meat there...PO-LEASE!!! POOOOOLEASE (with finger wave)

Fast forward. Freebreezed, carpet cleaned, charcoal left in it, deodorizers left in it, and it got better but still was strong. So yesterday I went out to the county store and bought twenty pounds of bulk baking soda and yes, there was about 1-2 inches of that on the floor. I got carried away and threw it on the back seats and rubbed it on the ceiling. I think it was working, finally! Until...don't use floor vents though, don't ask me how I know...

So I flicked on the heater and am cruising down the road when I notice the bsoda starting to gently woff up to my head. O-darn! I turn the heater off and role down my window to let the it escape but that in turn set the baking soda on the back seat ablaze like a 1930 dustbowl. I could still see the road at this point but like any bull headed man, I was making good time and refused to pull over.

At this point, I'm hacking like a five-pack-a-day-habit and decided the best solution was to crack all four windows. Until...

What happened next might have put me in the Darwin Award honorable mentioned catagory. I don't know why, really I don't, seriously, I think my arm spazzumed...but hey lets open the driver's side door at 70mph and air all this @#%$ out. You know the saying fool me once, fool me again. I remember looking in my rearview mirror for an instant only to see a half tornado overtake the back cabin, next thing I know, white out.

I never shut down a whole highway before but for a good minute it was grid locked. :viking:

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
You know...some people say a post made them laugh and maybe it made them smile a bit, but I'm telling you, your post cracked me up. I even woke my pup up and I mean that!

That soooooo sounds like something that would have happened to me!

Glad you're alright...hope the smell leaves soon!

·
Failure is not an option.
2,623 Posts
Behold the power of cheese!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts