Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or at least I think I am:shrug: And all it took was my computer crashing and me having to reload my Windows Vista program. I wasn't too happy when it crashed last night but it appears to be a blessing in disguise. So I will see if I'm able to continue accessing HT. I have a lot to catch up on. I missed you all.

Blair

·
Premium Member
11,103 Posts
I missed you too, Blair. Computer crashes are a PITA, but if it means you are back to stay it will be worth the hassle. Very glad to see you here again! :)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All I get to do now is listen to whats going on and learn. A few weeks ago the landlord says he wants the animals gone. Earlier in the year he gave permission for them and how he wanted them. I set them up that way but now he has fixed this farmhouse up with new roof and siding and has decided that he doesn't want animals around the place now.

So I'm completely out of the animals now. No rabbits or poultry. I wish he would of said no before I spent $100's of dollars in animals, pens and feed. I sold the animals but on such short notice I couldn't get the value of the animals. It was a great learning experience though for the future when I will be able to have animals again. I'm already looking to the future.

·
Crazy Dog Lady
3,436 Posts
Wow... that landlord is something else! When I rented I made my landlord spell out in the lease what animals were allowed and how many, just to cover myself......

·
Premium Member
11,103 Posts
That really sucks, Blair. :flame: Hang onto those pens and cages though. You'll want them again when you get in a better situation.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No lease here, just a verbal agreement. It actually is to my benefit. This way when a better situation arises that will allow me to move to a place that will allow me to raise animals, I am free to make that move. When one door is closed, my LORD always opens up another door where He wants me to go.

G

·
Wow... that landlord is something else! When I rented I made my landlord spell out in the lease what animals were allowed and how many, just to cover myself......
This one house I once rented, the lease said no animals. I told the landlady to change that provision or I'd look for another house. She changed it and I moved in with my 2 dogs.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cages and pens went with the animals when I sold them. On the bright side, I've learned a lot of things and the next time I build pens, things will go a lot smoother and quicker, and hopefully with improvements that will make the pens better. If nothing else, it has been a wonderful learning experience. Already have plans for a rabbit pen with 6 holes that I want to run by you all to see what you think.

·
Premium Member
11,103 Posts
Yeah, there can be advantages in starting again... you know better how you want to do things second time around. I'd love to be able to make new cages, now that I know what I am doing...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts