I'll have to fess up, I'm a bad person

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by 65284, Dec 22, 2004.

1. 65284

65284 Well-Known Member Supporter

We make pretty good money, scrounging at flea markets, garage sales, estate auctions, and consignment auctions, for stuff to resell, mostly on Ebay. I was going through a box of misc. items from a sale and picked up a remote of some kind, sort of looks like a garage door opener. I examined it, put in a new battery and was poking buttons to see if it would light up or something. I was in my shop at my workbench that’s in front of a window that looks out toward the road and directly at the neighbor’s gate, the neighbor from HELL. The same overbearing college professor ( an assistant prof actually) that tried to file charges because my chickens crowed, when that got him nowhere the tried to file a complaint because the cows "made mooing noises at night" and the "donkeys screamed and disturbed him". The prosecutor told him to forget it, we lived in an Ag zoned area and I was there first. So he tried another tack complained to the Sheriff that my bull was menacing and dangerous, said my dogs were vicious etc., my dogs do bark but they are inside a tall chain link fence that surrounds the yard. Needless to say we do not get along, his dogs have been over here killed a bunch of pheasants, and chased the Lamas, and his Rott bit me while I was getting it off my female Lama. That was the last straw I called him and told him to get his ***** over here right now or I would dispose of the dog. The jerk showed up and the first thing out of his mouth was "well you are going to have to get rid of your dogs they bark and scare my daughter when she goes to the mailbox". I replied the reason they bark is your daughter is so damned homely she scares them, and everything was downhill from there. By now you must be wonder where I am going with this, well here comes the good part, you can't imagine the delight I felt when I saw this expensive remote controlled gate slowly start to open, yep my old misc. item box remote works his gate, I freely admit I am a bad bad person. I was at the bench next morning without any lights on and the curtain pulled so he couldn't possibly see me when he came down the lane on his way to work. The gate was about 1/2 open when I aimed my remote and clicked and watched the gate stop and slowly start to close, after 3 rounds of this my sides are aching from laughing so hard, he erupts form his fancy SUV cursing and yanks it open, we then went through several rounds of his trying to close it before he yanked it shut, chained it, and blasted off in a cloud of flying rocks and dust. The next day there was someone over there working on it. This may be good for a few more days worth of entertainment this winter, most fun and satisfaction I have had in years.

2. GREEN_ALIEN

GREEN_ALIEN Sunny, Wet, Tornadoey SD!

:haha: :haha: :haha:

I was laughing so hard that I could not even type. That has got to be the best ever neighbor from hell payback story, heck I wish it were mine.

GA

3. bare

bare Head Muderator

Yeah, but... I'm a bad person too. You use your zip code for a handle and post your dirty deeds on a public message board. What's it worth to you for me not to put an ad in the Sturgeon News, offering my services as a "Mysterious Gate Poltergeist Exorcist"?

All offers considered.

::bare Dba: MGPE Enterprises::

4. CarlaWVgal

CarlaWVgal Well-Known Member

Now that is too funny! Just don't get caught!

Carla

5. RedneckWoman

RedneckWoman Well-Known Member

:haha: :haha: That's hilarious. I think I might be a bad, bad person too because I would have just way too much fun with that. :haha: I agree with Carla though, don't get caught.

6. jamo

jamo Well-Known Member

That is way too funny! Enjoy!!

7. Buckrun

Buckrun Well-Known Member

:haha: :haha: This would be too good to pass up! Have a ball. When you tire of this, do it a few more times for me!!! :haha: :haha: :haha:
    Steve

8. Shygal

Shygal Unreality star Supporter

:haha: :haha: :haha:

And Bare, you are awful too! :haha:

9. Michael W. Smith

Michael W. Smith Well-Known Member

That is funny! You should wait until he is just starting to drive through and then have the gate close and hit his car! Also when he closes it, have it open right back up again. It might take the repair man a while to figure out that it is a "faulty" remote. Have fun!

10. jejabean

jejabean Well-Known Member

Oh man...the thoughts going through my head right now! You could make him think the gate is haunted....or the gate doesn't like him...omg too much fun...so what if you get caught...it was worth the laugh!!!!

11. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

ROTFL!!!

Very good. Now, lay low. Revenge is best saved for the time when the recipient has absolutely no idea who is perpetrating his misery. And besides that, he may have the repairman change the code if you do it too much!

This reminds me of the Christmas about 10 or 15 years ago, when all the kids got those radio control cars. ALL the grandkids were over at my folks' house, and they were ALL playing with their cars, careening them up and down the hall, through the living room and kitchen, just having a grand old time.

My father, meanwhile (a stone-deaf t.v. addict who refuses to wear hearing aids)is just sitting in front of the living room idiot box, his arsenal of remote controls at his beck and call, the volume turned up so loud that the neighbors across the street know what show he's watching.

My brother, seizing a rare moment of opportunity, has pilfered one of dad's many remotes. Brother slips around the side of the house to the living room window, and waits until one of the kids races a car through the hall to the LR. Brother clicks the remote, and the channel changes! Father's puzzled look, then annoyance and cuss word, are followed by a quick "click" of one his remotes,
    and Christmas Mud Wrestling continues.

Temporarily.

Another kid whizzes a car through the kitchen into the LR, and, hey! The channel mysteriously changes again! Father becomes increasingly irritated as his demon-possessed t.v. set changes from Mudwrestling to the Dow Jones Report, to the Women's Network, to cartoons. He is now going through his channel changers like a man possessed, trying to figure out how to get this darned television to listen to its master.

Then a light bulb slowly starts to glow. Being unfamiliar with the maxim, "Correlation doesn't prove causation", the old man turns his now wild-eyed gaze upon the innocent children.

"Take those &$^#%@! cars out of the house! They're screwing up my t.v. show!"

"But Grandpa, it's snowy and cold and it will ruin the cars!"

"Then turn the &$#@%! things off!!!"

Outside, rolling in the snow, asphyxiated by his attempts to keep his laughter silent, lies my brother. He can be a real something-or-other, but dang! That was one funny Christmas. And no one, to the best of my knowledge, has ever clued the Old Man in yet.

12. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

I must be a bad person, too, as I was thinking "Hmm, rather than let him see the gate continue misbehaving, I would wait until he was not home and let stray cattle in! Or stray animals. Got any loose dog packs around? Religious fanatics with pamphlets?

13. jack_c-ville

jack_c-ville Well-Known Member

Beautiful and essentially harmless. You have nothing to feel guilty about. Now if you were operating a gate to let his dogs run out or something that would be different.

My only advice is not to do it too often or he will have someone come out to fix it, who will probably conclude that there is some kind of radio interferance and then change the frequency.

-Jack

14. bare

bare Head Muderator

Would it matter if they changed the frequency? I picked up a new tv the other day and had to go through the rigamarole of making the satellite remote work it. None of the codes in the book worked, but it has a search feature.

If they change the code, just pick up a universal remote and play with it until you find the right combination.

This could be too much fun. I'm gonna have to take my remote to town next trip and see how many garage doors I can open!

15. dreadstalker

dreadstalker Well-Known Member

that sounds like way too much fun.don't do it to often intermittent problems are a real pain

16. Pansies4me

Pansies4me Dreaming of autumn....

ROFLOL!!! Thanks for sharing! Sounds just like something I would enjoy doing.

Sallie

17. Wilbur

Wilbur Well-Known Member

18. Denise K.

Denise K. Well-Known Member

This is a great Payback.....just don't get caught. Thanks for the laugh!
    Denise

19. renee o'neill

renee o'neill Well-Known Member

I would say it was your lucky day! oh what fun you could have.

20. almostthere

almostthere Well-Known Member

As a teenager I had a tv in my room. We had cable and the remote for my tv worked the living room tv. I'd creep into the hallway and change the channels on my step dad. He'd get so mad at the "freakin remote" I swore he was going to have a heart attack. He eventually figured it out and I nearly lost my tv, LOL. It was good revenge on he who would snore so loud I'd wake up out of a dead sleep at 3 am.