Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
My grandma and I had a special bond...She helped raise us kids so mom a single parent due to divorce could work to support the family. She taught me things that I use to this day...and her love was unending. She had a stroke and was bed-ridden for 6 months before she died, and 2 days before her death she spoke to me for the last time...she told me that she knew she had to be going to heaven, because if I loved her as much as I did then she had to have done something very right...the kind of right that would open those Pearly Gates! She told me to look out for everybody and to not cry for her because life had very good to her and to always remember how much she loved me. She told me that whenever I saw a yellow butterfly...to know she was thinking of me and loved me dearly! You see yellow butterflies were out personal sign, when I was a small child of about 3 we had all gone to the lake before the divorce and times were good etc...we were camping/fishing etc. Mom was setting up camp and Dad was gathering firewood and clearing dead brush etc...so grandma's job became to watch me...I became engrossed in watching a bunch of yellow butterflies and tried to catch some with childish hops and cavorts...lol...she said she thought I might kill her or at least wear her out...but confided that she had the best time, just watching me watch yellow butterflies. And when she got down and was scared (she would forget where she was at etc...) I painted a huge yellow butterfly with flowers and shrubs and grass beside her bed mural style (I am no artist!) But it was some of my better work...I told her that whenever she got scared she would see the yellow butterfly and know she was safe and that I was always going to be nearby. When she died it was with one hand on the butterfly and a smile on her face...so I know she died knowing she was safe and loved and that I was right there. She never woke up again...But to this day whenever I am feeling sad or upset and wishing I had my grandma to talk to and comfort me I see those yellow butterflies and instantly feel that same love and warm embrace that I remember from all those years ago...and I feel better! Thanks Grandma for all the love, support, and tender loving care you gave me...you taught me to be strong and tender at the same time and to always take the highroad. I will be forever in your debt...and as for the rest of you...I wish you many yellow butterflies...all in the name of love! Pam

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.