If You're Evacuating, We Have Space!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by jill.costello, Aug 28, 2005.

1. jill.costello

jill.costello Well-Known Member

We have a 15 acre farm in Central Texas (3 hours from Beaumont/ 2.5 hours from Houston)with goats and horses; 4 stalls available and turnout space- if you're evacuating from New Orleans and need a safe place to bring your animals, come on! Jill & Jimmy 254-697-4249

2. goatchops

goatchops Well-Known Member

Jill.Costello, you are the nicest person i've heard of on the message board!(im not evacuating, just complementing^^)

3. uri

uri Member

Jill, Jimmy, and Vicki
    God bless you. I live in the Midwest, far from the tragedy of the Gulf Coast, but your offer is such a wonderful idea.

4. steff bugielski

steff bugielski Well-Known Member

I too have sheds and open pasture avail. I am in NY but if it comes to it I can house anything but pigs. I have given my info to the united states human society. I am sure they will use if needed.
    steff

5. TWOGOATS

TWOGOATS Animal Lover

i might be wrong, but i would think that people that are evacuating would not have internet access very much.

6. jessepona

jessepona Food Not Lawns :p

I think the idea is that family/friends of those evacuating might read this and pass it on. Regardless, I think it’s wonderful! You are all very generous to offer. I wish I had a homestead already.

One of the reasons I want to live in the country and be self sufficient is so that I can help my family and friends if disaster strikes, so I understand what motivates you all to offer.

You're all very sweet.