if you missed my name is earle...

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by marvella, Oct 8, 2005.

1. marvella

marvella Well-Known Member

... the first time it was on, now's your chance to get caught up and addicted.

they will be showing all three episodes back to back tonight.

check it out!! :happy:

2. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

We missed the second episode. Guess I know what we'll be watching tonight!

3. Spotted Crow

Spotted Crow Well-Known Member

I missed the second and third due to ALCS and NLCS, but now I can see the ones I missed. :dance:

4. Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever Life NRA Member since 1976 Supporter

Just a reminder. This forum is for homesteading issues and questions.

5. marvella

okay, let me clear this up.

where should i post something like this? not in gc. not only would it get massacred, a lot of people don't read there just on general principle.

i mean, is there a nice and polite GC?

haven't we talked about this show before on here??

6. Cabin Fever

As I see it, the problem may become that this site will turn into a nasty GC if we allow non-homesteading questions to continue.

7. marvella

okay, i went to the homestead forum page, and just the first page, at least half of the topics are not homestead related. for example, there are two threads about ebay, one about netflix, and i forget the rest. i mean, if those are homestead related by some stretch, then so is a tv show, cuz i watch it in my home.

went and looked to see where we had talked about this show before, and lo and behold...
    http://homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=99719&highlight=earl

it was cf. see? non-confrontational topic. hardly any potential for trolling or trouble making. of course, some of these regulars around here can turn anything into a trouble thread, no matter what forum it starts out on.

seeing as i am on the topic, here's the link to the bill frist article we discussed before.

http://homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?p=936224&highlight=bill+frist#post936224

again, in cf.

while i appreciate the job all ya'll mods do to keep this place running smoothly, here lately cf, i do believe you are micro-managing a bit.

ya think?? :cowboy:

8. Cabin Fever

Marvella, both examples you provided where from the Country Families forum, not the Homesteading Questions forum. At any rate, I believe that this forum should not contain threads regarding politics or religion unless they are directly related to homesteading.

I did not delete your Earl thread.....just gave a friendly warning.

And, in case you're wondering, I love this new found power I have! The ability to wipe threads off from the face of the earth! Ha Ha!! You can be sure that I will not be even-handed or unbiased! I feel like a dictator and lovein' it! So watch it, I'm anything but fair!

9. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

LOL Cabin, I'd rather have your tyranny than most politicians liberty!!

10. Cornhusker

Cornhusker Unapologetically me Supporter

Might as well, if you try to please everybody it just gets worse and worse. Rule as you see fit your High Feveredness. :bow: :bow:
    p.s.
    We love Earl, it's one of the best new shows, and is absolutely the funniest.
    Look for it to be cancled, every show I like gets canceled. :grump:

11. Cabin Fever

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Ross.

I'll be watching everything Marvella posts from now on. She's a...a....a twiggler, a dreamer, a silly-heart... she doesn't take a thing in her life or her career as a homesteader seriously. She just better watch it, one more outburst against my authority and....and....well, let me just say this, I know where she parks her home.....

12. Cabin Fever

...and Cornhusker, I have but three words to say to you, "Bow to your sensei!"

13. sullen

sullen Question Answerer

I had the same "where to put this thread" when I wanted to ask a Q about a natural remedy. I finally put it in cooking.
    BTW, I saw last night's Earl, and the first show. That's one combined hour that I will never get back. I only watched it because there is nothing else on. Finally went to the cable channels, it was that bad. :help:

14. DrippingSprings

DrippingSprings In Remembrance

all you need is a sense of humor. I really like it. may be because i know people like earle

15. Charleen

Charleen www.HarperHillFarm.com Supporter

Well, no matter which forum this is on...
    I have no idea what you're talking about? Who is Earle? The only Earle I know of is Steve Earle.
    No TV in this house for almost 3 years.

16. marvella

i resemble that remark.

and i'll make a point of not posting politics or religion on the homestead part. 'kay??

you know what they say about guys who throw their authority around, dontcha??

17. marvella

it's about the first show in several years that is actually worth watching, the first decent sitcom to come along is a few years.

i liked that he has recurring characters, that the people he makes amends to start hanging out with him and helping him.

in amongst the somewhat bawdy humor, is a really good lesson for all of us.

btw, LOVE steve earle....

18. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

LOL...ya beat me to it marvella. I was going to say if ya only know one Earle, then Steve Earle is a good one to know!

drippingsprings...I think that's why I like "My Name is Earle" too. I relate to the character because I grew up with a lot of Earles!

Sigh...I admit it. I was married to one for nearly seven years. :shrug:

19. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

wether or not you like the dixie chix, "good bye earl "is more along the lines of the earls i know! :stars: looks like a good use of tv time, just hope it don't get spoilt!. blue collar is starting to get old though.nice to have somthing new to watch

20. RandB

RandB Well-Known Member

I admit it - I have watched it! I think each episode gets funnier. His ex-wife is a real hoot - I loved that speech about how she and "his" children were used to being supported by his "crookery", and lost it when she stole the guardrails....