If You Knew The Truth

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by big rockpile, Dec 18, 2006.

1. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

If you guys knew the truth about what I do around here some might think of me less of a Man. :shrug:

Lets just put it this way my wife had more than enough for Breakfast this morning. :whistle: We'll leave it at that.

big rockpile

2. Speciallady

Speciallady Well-Known Member

Rock head, you do what you can. You aren't in the best of health, you do need to appreciate your woman more. Pamper her some. run her a bath, massage her neck. Hold her while watching tv.

3. reese

reese Well-Known Member

:hand: I'm thinking I don't want to know more. :D No matter what we think of you, it's what you think of yourself. Do the best you can manage and be proud of your accomplishments in your day. Reese

4. Melissa

Melissa member

I don't think you are less than a man if you cook your wife a nice breakfast. I think it is very kind and considerate of you.

5. ceresone

ceresone Well-Known Member Supporter

LOL, I'm wondering if the statement about breakfast is a attempt to show us he's still all man?

6. veme

veme Well-Known Member Supporter

Rockpile :)
    IMHO, it's Who you Are not What you accomplish that counts

veme

7. Pony

Pony STILL not Alice Supporter

A gentleman never tells such things! :nono:

Pony!

8. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

Am hoping hie is talking about cooking breakfast...........

9. margo

margo Well-Known Member

You da MAN, Rockpile. :hobbyhors

The best things in life are not things.

10. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Well-Known Member

That whistle smiley makes me think he's not........:eek:

11. michiganfarmer

michiganfarmer Max Supporter

Rock,

I do more cooking at home than my wife does, and I work outside of the home more than she does. What makes a man isnt the work he does. What makes a man is his integrity, honesty, and character.

Everything Ive seen from your posts is fantastic.
    I dont think you should be so hard on yourself.

12. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

Now, that's a visual I can do without!

13. big rockpile

No my wife knows that I let on that I don't do nothing around here but go Hunting and Fishing.She said that an't right that people think bad of me because of it.

Truth is I do most of the cooking which isn't much.Try to keep the Dishes and Laundry done up.Which isn't hard with two people.

Like Speciallady said I'm not the best of health.So my work around here goes in spurts.Work maybe an hour or so.Take break,hit it another hour.Then like my wife says try too much,I'm out of the game for a day or two.But like she says if I don't try I'm going to be messed up way worse than I am now.

We try to do things together.But even working together there is some things we have to step back and see how to do it.If we still can't figure out how to do it go get help.

Sorry Guys I'm not the Male :1pig: I let on to be. :shrug:

big rockpile

14. almostthere

almostthere Well-Known Member

My dad is disabled and doesnt work anymore. He does quite a bit around the house, mom pitches in when she can as she still works. No body thinks any less of him for that. I don't think anyone thinks any less of you because you're not bringing in a paycheck.

Who said you were a :1pig: ?

15. big rockpile

Well I bring alot of the way people feel about me on my own,but its just letting on! Now with my MIL I really don't care.

When I was working outside the Home.I was taking care of all the animals on the place,all the Construction,Fence Building,Gardening,Yard Work.

But I started having problems.Started having problems with my Legs,then started having Blood Clots.Got that where it wasn't so painful.Then started having trouble with my Back,couldn't get out of Bed.My wife would try helping me but it was hurting so much bring tears to my eyes.went to one Doctor,oh its just pulled.Give me some Meds.Didn't help.Went to my regular Doctor and was told there was no way I could work :Bawling:

So my wife talked me into getting rid of my animals because she couldn't handle them :Bawling: Got to where I was still trying but pushing it too hard.Got to where I was in a Wheelchair.Wife said to get my back side out of that thing unless I wanted in it permanent.

Got out of it learned how to pace myself.Then I had Heart trouble.once again.Being stupid trying to push it.Got all lined out on that.Quit Tobacco and most my Allcohol.

Now still chugging along.hurts like all get out and getting worse.Wife knows there is things I wish I could do but there is no way.

Well going to keep trying to get it until I'm just Dead and Cold and drawing Worms.

big rockpile

16. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

Rock, you have my utmost sympathy. I dont suffer as badly yet, but there are days when everything is done in 15 minute spurts. My house is never as immaculate as I would like and there is always something waiting in the wings. My kids don't quite get it yet, but DH understands. I do what I can and ask for help when I can't. THAT was the hard part-learning to accept that I cannot do what others my age do and asking for help just drove me nuts.

We all know that a man who will take care of the house for his wife is a real man. My son has a shirt that says "Real Men Do Dishes". He knows. And we know that your heart is in every job you do that cares for your wife and your home. Take heart my friend, we hear you.

17. Pony

Pony STILL not Alice Supporter

Rocky, I know it's rough to not be able to do things you love to do, and it's beyond frustrating to have your body slow you down when you want to be out there doing something.

I find it hard to ask for help, and the past few years have been teaching me that I must ask for the help I need and not try to tough it out.

And, as Ninn points out, real men do dishes. And cooking. And cleaning. My DH has had to do these things for me (heck, he had to tie my shoes for me a couple years ago...)

I know it's different for a man, and I know that my problems are nothing compared to yours.

But please remember that you are a human BEING, not a human DOING. Who you are is in your heart, Rock, not in what you do.

Pony!