Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
31,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where this country is headed this story should clear it up for you...

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Authorities say someone drove across the Oklahoma Capitol lawn and knocked over a Ten Commandments monument that a group has been suing to have removed, smashing it to pieces.
Oklahoma Highway Patrol Capt. George Brown says the person drove into the monument on the statehouse steps Thursday night, abandoned the vehicle and fled. Brown says the vehicle was impounded and authorities are searching it for evidence.

The 6-foot-tall granite monument was erected in 2012 after Republican state Rep. Mike Ritze and his family paid nearly $10,000 for it. The American Civil Liberties Union had been suing to have the monument removed, arguing it violates the Oklahoma Constitution.

Other groups have since asked to erect statues on the Capitol grounds, including one that wants to erect a 7-foot-tall statue of Satan.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/us/article/Disputed-Oklahoma-Ten-Commandments-statue-smashed-5845127.php

·
Still an :censored:
15,870 Posts
I know of a court house that has a large bronze plaque with the Ten Commandments on a wall INSIDE. Woo hoo, I'd bet that would get someone's panties in a twist. Some how I think that would be the last time that happened.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
ehh, it wouldn't bother me and doesn't to see the 10 Commandments anywhere.

When we lived in Georgia, one of the people that spoke so vehemntly to keep the tablets at the local courthouse was found to be cheating on his wife. So to me, it just showed how some people are really just big hypocrites.

I could care less what they put on the wall, floor, lawn of the public buildings. But I do see the point that if one group wants to put things (in this case the 10 commandments0 then other groups have the right to put up items.

But man, in a large muslim county, could you imagine the outrage if they wanted to put some of their religious texts on the courthouse? Heck, long as the courthouse uses logic to rule, I don't care what is on the walls or what statues they put up.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Christians are just as bad as the rest of them,IMO.

The separation of church and state,has been an obvious and onging heated debate for decades.

So what do the Christians do?

They pull an in your face and finagle to install, a 10 commandments statue on on Government property.

People don't like it and Christians are the misunderstood victims.

The proposal to put up the statue was made in response to the placement of a monument to the 10 Commandments, installed in November 2012 on the capitol grounds. According to an inscription on the monument, it was donated by Dr. Mike Ritze, a state representative, and his wife and children.
Here is one where Satanist want to put a a bronze Satan statue, too.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/nation-w...-s-statue-of-Satanic-figure-under-5454360.php

Okey -dokey, freedom of religion right? :rolleyes:

I'm sick of all this.

People don't need the 10 commandments to know right-from-wrong.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
I've never understood why Christians would want the 10 commandments to be posted anyway and yet don't fight to have the words of Jesus posted. After all, if you are going to try and follow the 10, then shouldn't you follow the other 600 plus? Oh, wait, the old "Those laws don't apply anymore' will get trotted out. Well, if some of the laws don't apply, then why all the hoopla over the 10 commandments from the same book?

Really, I could understand if people were fighting to have Jesus quotes put up, like over the courthouse you could have this one:

"And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also"

That would really throw a monkey wrench into the legal proceedings.

Or better yet, an easy way to settle this is to let everyone that wants to post or put a statue up on Public property do so in a a controlled area, and then we wait....... and surely the strongest and 'true' G-d will smite down the other statues thus erasing the need to have lawsuits or discussions galore.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
In my count, Vinton County, Ohio, I can not enter the "Public" court house unless I consent to an electronic search.

The Constitution of the United Stated of America indicates that I have a God Given right to freedom from an illegal search. A legal search would require a warrant. To get a warrant someone would have to swear under an oath that they have evidence that I had commited a crime. Probable cause, it is called. The crime would need to be identified and stated, and what was being searched for would need to be stated in the warrant; then the judge issuing the warrant would need to sign it.

In Vinton county, Ohio you get searched just because you are there or you do not get into the "PUBLIC" court house.

We have many officials at county and township level who took an oath of office. In that oath they swore to protect the Constitution of the united states of america. I guess they lied (before God). They do, all of them seem to be happy with the pay that the receive, and the insurance coverage, and more that a few with the 24/7 vehicles that the are issued.

Welcome to the county (Vinton County, Ohio) in the police state.

All of the administrative emplees are involved in this fraud, I know of no exception.
:coffee:

·
Premium Member
11,250 Posts
"And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also"

coffee spew - was reading fast again and saw:

"And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy cat, let him have thy cloak also" ...meow?

I found the whole episode kind of funny because such displays are a form of idolatry and fetishism anyway. I'd rather see a plaque saying "Mind your manners, tell the truth and behave like your mamma told you, 'cause the law smacks much harder than she could." Remember that the Oklahoma territories was where the Christian transplants sent all the rounded up natives who had their own faiths and histories. A plaque like that would be more in keeping with the theme of enforced suppression.

I found the excuse of the vandal especially funny: "Satan" told him to do it. If he is a Satanist, and he believes that, that is an expression of his religion on public grounds and he could argue that it comes under protected free speech.

I wonder if Moses should have been arrested for breaking the originals... (or did you forget?) :D

·
Very Dairy
14,609 Posts
I'm confused. Over on another thread, Christians have been telling me that they no longer following the Old Testament, thus I don't have to worry about them killing me (as mandated in the Bible) for being LGBT.

But aren't the 10 Commandments from the OT? So wouldn't that make them obsolete? Or ...what?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Willow, the Old Testament was fulfilled at the death of Christ and is no longer in effect. The New law or testament is now in effect. The new law is different but many of the principles remain. The Old Law says "Do not commit adultery."(One of the Ten Commandments) but under the New Law Jesus says "Ye have heard that it was said, Thou shalt not commit adultery: but I say unto you, that every one that looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart" (Matthew 5:27-28).
The Old law says "Do not Kill." The New law says hating our brother is as bad as killing him.

The Old law was more of a physical law where the New law is more about what is in our hearts.

So, even though the Old Law has been fulfilled, many Christians hold to the "principles" that they represent.

Does that help?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I think the commandments are a good idea as all of our current law evolved from them starting with the Roman statutes, down through English common law, to the system we have now.

I personally interpret the constitution as being in favor or freedom OF religion not freedom FROM religion.

Somewhere people on both sides decided the constitution protected them from being offended. That is simply not the case.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Amen Hawgs. The left doesn't care if a Christian is offended. They rather enjoy it. But they sure get in a dither if they feel offended by the presence of God Almighty. You hit the proverbial nail on the head with your entire statement and especially, ...well all of it was good. Thank you!

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Amen Hawgs. The left doesn't care if a Christian is offended. They rather enjoy it. But they sure get in a dither if they feel offended by the presence of God Almighty. You hit the proverbial nail on the head with your entire statement and especially, ...well all of it was good. Thank you!
Did those Christians think - for one second, that putting up the 10 Commandments on public property, was not going to offend others?

Sure they knew it would, but they wanted to do it anyway.

·
Registered
31,752 Posts
Willow, the Old Testament was fulfilled at the death of Christ and is no longer in effect. The New law or testament is now in effect. The new law is different but many of the principles remain. The Old Law says "Do not commit adultery."(One of the Ten Commandments) but under the New Law Jesus says "Ye have heard that it was said, Thou shalt not commit adultery: but I say unto you, that every one that looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart" (Matthew 5:27-28).
The Old law says "Do not Kill." The New law says hating our brother is as bad as killing him.

The Old law was more of a physical law where the New law is more about what is in our hearts.

So, even though the Old Law has been fulfilled, many Christians hold to the "principles" that they represent.

Does that help?
Very nice of you to provide this. However, you'll find that WG-even tho I loooove her dearly-only uses OT when she wants to put down Christains. When given other verses to counter her bashings, she exclaims that she doesn't believe in that 'mysticism'.
But carry on. She's a great person so maybe one day...
:)

·
Registered
31,752 Posts
Did those Christians think - for one second, that putting up the 10 Commandments on public property, was not going to offend others?

Do you know how many verses of the bible, how many times the comandments & other such 'musings' are on most structures in D.C.? On our money? On nearly everything the founding fathers touched? Ya know, the ones who wrote the U.S. Constitution? Didja know the 1st congress set up a 'church' ON the premesis so congrescritters could go pray whereever?
Gee, did THEY not KNOW there's a "separation of church & state"?!?

·
Registered
31,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm confused. Over on another thread, Christians have been telling me that they no longer following the Old Testament, thus I don't have to worry about them killing me (as mandated in the Bible) for being LGBT.

But aren't the 10 Commandments from the OT? So wouldn't that make them obsolete? Or ...what?
Of them, which worries you the most...

1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
  2. You shall not make idols.
  3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
  4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
  5. Honor your father and your mother.
  6. You shall not murder.
  7. You shall not commit adultery.
  8. You shall not steal.
  9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
  10. You shall not covet.

·
Registered
31,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

And I ask you, which do you find most offensive?

1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
  2. You shall not make idols.
  3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
  4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
  5. Honor your father and your mother.
  6. You shall not murder.
  7. You shall not commit adultery.
  8. You shall not steal.
  9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
  10. You shall not covet.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Very nice of you to provide this. However, you'll find that WG-even tho I loooove her dearly-only uses OT when she wants to put down Christains. When given other verses to counter her bashings, she exclaims that she doesn't believe in that 'mysticism'.
But carry on. She's a great person so maybe one day...
:)
Hmmm

Christians are steadfastly against gays - often hatefully, but WG questioning their reason for doing so, is "bashing" Christians?

She's a great person so maybe one day...
This is nice to hear, that indeed, there is at least one, maybe even of many, who do not "walk with the Lord", but who are good people and good citizens, none the less. ;)

·
Registered
31,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I do understand how some here might prefer:

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

by Anton Szandor LaVey
© 1967

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
  2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
  3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
  4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
  5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
  6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
  7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
  8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
  9. Do not harm little children.
  10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
  11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

Reactions: sprucie
1 - 20 of 80 Posts