Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
My name is not Alice
4,185 Posts
Tom, he's da man, for sure. But even he has that worried look on his face like he is thinking "I don't think I can keep up this chick..."

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
Im glad Janis toned it down for him.

·
Unpaid, Volunteer Devil's Advocate
18,362 Posts
In addition to enjoying Janis, I'd suggest anyone from Michigan visit the Motown Museum, in Detroit. Amazing time in music history.
Speaking of history, Janis died in early October, 1970. I remember it. So, I looked up th previous month, 44 years ago. I think some will remember the events and some will be surprised.
http://www.historyorb.com/date/1970/september

·
Premium Member
41,005 Posts
Can we still be friends if I only love half of it? Janis was great! Tom.... not so much, dunno why but I just never liked his stuff.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Sorry, really don't like it...but I don't care for most country music either.:teehee: Guess your going to have to put me on ignore.:happy2:

Though I had heard the name Janice Joplin in passing before so it good to put a face/music with a name.

·
Registered
13,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry, really don't like it...but I don't care for most country music either.:teehee: Guess your going to have to put me on ignore.:happy2:

Though I had heard the name Janice Joplin in passing before so it good to put a face/music with a name.
I'll give you a half friend pass because I hate country music too...And you sound too young to 'get' it ;)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Janis always seemed to me like someone that would come out in blue jeans, a work shirt and cowboy boots. Maybe because she was from Texas or because she lived around Hippies.

But ya know she didn't. She always dressed up like a soul singer would , wearing nice fashionable clothes that probably cost some real money.

Man, that was a long time ago.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Yep, we can be friends.....I thought they were BOTH hot!! They both have amazing voices and confidence, and that's hot! Tom does have the look at one point of "I've got a wildcat on stage", and I suppose he did!

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Saw Janis at a local pop festival in 1969 (2 weeks after Woodstock). She was fantastic, but her band (Big Brother and the Holding Company) was pretty mediocre.

Didn't like Tom Jones much when he had his TV show in the '60s, but he has grown on me. I think he has held up pretty well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts